File operations via operations queue
If several file/folder operations are to be started, it makes sense, particularly when copying/moving larger files, to execute these operations one after another in an operations queue and not parallel.
Operations queue settings
Under the menu item "Tools → Settings → File/folder operations" in the tab "Operations queue" settings can be defined for processing file/folder operations via an operations queue:
The following file-/folder operations can be executed via the operations queue:
- Copy with dialog using the FreeCommander function
- Move with dialog using the FreeCommander function
- Create MD5-checksums
Add operations to the operations queue
Pressing the button adds an operation listed above to the operations queue and starts the processing of the operations queue.
Opening the operations queue dialog
The dialog operations queue is opened by:
- adding an operation to the operations queue, if under "Tools → Settings → File/folder operations" in the tab "Operations queue" the option "Open queue dialog minimized" is not checked.
- activating the button in the operation queue bar, if the operations queue is not empty.
The dialog operations queue lists all operations added to the operations queue and not yet been executed.
The highlighted operation can be processed as follows (possible only for waiting operations):
- : remove the highlighted operation from the operations queue and execute it immediately
- : delete the highlighted operation
- : move the highlighted operation up
- : move the highlighted operation down