- What is FreeCommander?
- Is the FreeCommander free also for commercial use?
- Which operating systems are supported?
- I have a 64-bit version of Windows, can I use the 32-bit version of FreeCommander?
- I have installed FreeCommander but I can not find the help file, where can I find it?
- How can I install the help file, I have found on your site?
- When I try to open the help file, I get the message ‘navigation to webpage was canceled’. How can I solve this problem?
- How can I help to make FreeCommander even better?
- How can I donate to support FreeCommander development?
- How can I test the donor beta version, or/and the 64-bit version?
- What is the “Donor Version” of the program?
- What means a “lifetime” access to the donor downloads?
- I tried to donate but error occurred, what can I do?
- I have donated but I did not receive any email, how can I get a donor version?
- I have donated and I have downloaded the 64-bit version of the program. Can I give away the copy of the program to my friend?
- I am a donor, can I use the donor program version on multiple computers?
- I am a donor, can I use the 64-bit program version at home and in my office?
- I am a network admin for few hundred users. Can I integrate FreeCommander in the logon process for each user?
- How to translate FreeCommander?
- I found a bug, where can I report it and how?
- Where can I find the FreeCommander version I use?
- How can I find the Windows version I use?
- Where can I find FreeCommander setting files?
- My antivirus program found a virus in the FreeCommander setup file / FreeCommander.exe, what can I do?
- I have a suggestion, or I want to request for a new feature, where can I ask for it?
- Can I use multiple FreeCommander installations on the same computer?
- How to change the setting files folder location?
- How can I copy my program settings to another PC?
- Which command line parameters can I use with FreeCommander?
- How do I install the portable ZIP version?
- How can I update the portable ZIP version?
- Do I need to uninstall an old version of FreeCommander XE before installing a new one?
- Is it possible to display file preview?
- How to view all files and/or (sub)folders within the current folder?
- How to display the size of folders in Details view?
- How to display the size of selected folders only?
- How to display the size of the current folder quickly?
- How to find empty folders?
- How to redirect Win+E to FreeCommander?
- How to open items from Windows Explorer with Free Commander?
- FreeCommander is not responding when copying or moving the file(s), how to avoid it?
- I have connected my smartphone / tablet via USB, but it’s not shown between the drives, where can I find it?
- I have connected my smartphone / tablet via USB, but I can’t copy/move the items, how to do it?
- What is “NC-Mode”?
- What does “Theme off” setting do?
- How to set the focus to item name only, and not to full row?
- How to display only one panel, as in Windows Explorer?
- I’m using the Column profiles or/and Automatic views, but I want to use different view sometimes, is it possible?
- What are the color schemes?
- Where can I find more color schemes?
- I can’t change the color of some items, lines, why?
- Is it possible to change text and background colors for some dialog, like Search, Multi Rename etc.?
- What are the color scheme menu icons?
- How can I get the color scheme menu icons?
- Can I hide main menu?
- I don’t use main menu often. Is there an alternative to show it only when I need it?
- Is there a way to access the main menu options even if it’s hidden?
- I can’t see the main menu. How to show it again?
- I would like to use large icons in menu. Is it possible?
- Can I disable icons in menu?
- How to customize action toolbars?
- Can I change the toolbar icon style?
- How can I change the size of toolbar buttons?
- The splitter with icons is too wide for me. Can I have a narrow splitter only?
- Some commands have no icons assigned. Can I define my own icon to the command?
- How can I define my popup menu to the button? For example I would like to define “Refresh all” button with popup menu items for “Refresh” and “Refresh network”.
- Can I see the title of the buttons?
- I would like to use the main menu as toolbar. How can I change it?
- I don’t use DOS command line bar. Can I hide it from the main window?
- Some buttons have “Group index” defined. When do I need it?
- Which values can I use for my own “Group index”?
- I want type my path in address bar. How can I make this?
- How can I make the buttons in address bar bigger?
- Does FreeCommander have the Undo feature?
- I can not see all files in FreeCommander. Can I change this?
- Is there a way to change date/time format?
- How to display tooltip for files/folders?
- Can I change the panels orientation from left-right to top-bottom?
- I would like to see the grid lines in the detail view, is it possible?
- How to select multiple items?
- How to select multiple files with the same extension quickly?
- Is it possible to view column with checkboxes to select item(s), as in Windows Explorer?
- What is File container?
- Is it possible to unlock a bitlocker drive from FreeCommander, like it is from Explorer?
- How to open a new folder tab?
- How to open a new file container tab?
- How to close a folder tab?
- I have closed the folder tab by mistake, how to re-open it?
- When I exit FreeCommander, all folder tabs (except one) are closed, how to save the folder tabs?
- How to lock a folder tab?
- Can I limit the width of the tab?
- I am not using the tabs, can I hide the tab area?
- Can I change the order of the tabs?
- Can I copy/move the tab from one side to another?
- I would like to lock the folder tab and give him the specific name. Is it possible?
- Can I change the color for some important tabs?
- Can I use custom icons for tabs?
- I have navigate to other path in the locked tab. How can I quickly change to locked path?
- How can I close all tabs at once?
- I would like to have the tabs at the bottom of the panel. Is it possible?
- I can not differ the tabs with the name only. Can I see the hint to the tab with the full path?
Column profiles/Automatic views
- I would like to change the order of the columns in the details view, how to make it?
- I would like to customize the columns in the detail view, is it possible?
- I would like to display different columns for my folders with images, is it possible?
- I like the “Plain view” mode, but I would like to see the column with the path in Details view, is it possible?
- I have defined multiple column profiles with conditions, they are changing automatically when I change the folder, but sometime I would like to use another set of columns – is it possible?
- FreeCommander displays the file extension with the file name, but I would prefer a separate column for the file extension. How to change it?
- The file name is displayed with the extension – I like it, but it is possible to see the extension right justified in the column?
- How can I switch the Details view to another defined column profile?
- I would like to limit the max. width of the “Name” column – how to make it?
- In Details view the text in the “Name” column is not fully visible sometimes, how to change it so, that it will be always fully visible?
- Can I change to color of the sorted column?
- In the “List view” mode I would like to limit the width of the displayed text – is it possible?
- Is it possible to save the view for each folder?
- What are the Automatic views?
- How to view the file system tree panel?
- How to view one tree for each panel?
- Can I shrink the display of the file system tree to the current drive only?
- I have defined bigger font for the file system tree, but the rows are too tight now. Can I change the height of the row?
- The selected node in the tree is too dark. Can I change the color of the selected node?
- I use SVN client on my PC but the overlay icons of the SVN client are not visible in the file system tree. How to make the overlay icons visible in the tree?
- The file system tree does not show the windows archive files (zip, cab). Can I make the archive files visible in the tree?
- How to display file preview within the FreeCommander window?
- How can I customize quick viewer?
- How to close file preview?
- I have no preview for PDF files, how to solve this?
- What is the Quick filter and how to use it?
- Quick filter field is too narrow. Is it possible to make it wider?
- I don’t use quick filter. Can I remove it from status bar?
- I would like to see different information for some file types (e.g. mp3) in the status bar. Can I change the status bar content depending on the file type?
- The file size in the status bar is displayed with one unit (e.g. MB). Can I see the size in other units too?
- Can I change the font and the background color of the status bar?
- Can I switch off the status bar?
- My status bar has two rows. I would like to have just one row. Can I change it?
- The information in the status bar does not fit in one line. What can I do?
- The pictures in my thumbnails view are to small. Can I have bigger thumbnails too?
- Usually I use just two sizes for thumbnails. How can I switch between them quickly?
- I would like to see the thumbnails for my text files too? Is it possible?
- I use SVN client on my PC for showing special overlay icons but for thumbnails view I do not like the overlay icons. Can I disable the overlay icons for thumbnail view only?
- I would like another background color for the thumbnails, how to change it?
- How can I show drives as popup button?
- Can I show occupied space progress bar (as in Explorer)?
- I am using the option “Show drives as button bar”, how can I see the free disk space?
- Can I hide the toolbar with drives completely?
- Can I exclude some drives from the drive bar?
- Is it possible to select which folder is opened when the drive is changed?
- Where are the setting files placed?
- Can I use the setting files from older XE (32 bit) version in the new XE (32 or 64 bit) version?
- Can I copy the setting files to another computer?
- How to backup all settings?
- How to restore all settings?
- How to prevent accidental closing of the FreeCommander, when closing other windows with Alt+F4 shortcut?
- May I minimize the FreeCommander to system tray?
- Is there a private session in FreeCommander, as in web browsers?
- How can I quickly add one program (or folder) to the favorite tools toolbar?
- I have defined my text editor as favorite tool. How can I open the text file with the text editor now?
- My favorite tool can not open the file, if an empty character (space) is in the file name. What can I do?
- Can I open my favorite tool with the keyboard shortcut too?
- Favorite tools shortcuts are Ctrl+0, Ctrl+1,… Can I change these default keyboard shortcuts?
- I would like to see the icon to my favorite tool in the splitter bar. Is it possible?
- How to (quickly) define or change the keyboard shortcut in FreeCommander?
- How to refresh view in FreeCommnder, or set F5 key to refresh view, as in Windows Explorer?
- How to search for files / folders?
- Is it possible to save the search result for the next day?
- How to exclude from the search all files if they have in the name the term “old”?
- I would exclude from my search all folders if the name of the folder has the term “test”?
- I use the search function often for searching my project files in five folders. Do I have to enter the folder every time?
- I have hundreds of thousands of files and the search takes a long time. Can I start FreeCommander only for the search?
- I would like to search the PDF files for the text content. It does not works. Can FreeCommander find the text in PDF files?
- For searching of the text in my Office files (docx, xlsx) I need the converter. Where can I find the converter and how can I use it in FreeCommander?
- I’d like to search for new items, just few minutes or few days old, how to find them easily?
- How to rename a file or folder?
- When I try to rename a file, which is in use, the new name is lost, and I have to type it again, how to avoid this?
- How to rename multiple files and/or folders?
- Is it possible to rename multiple files and/or folders from different locations?
- I have renamed items using “Multi rename” by mistake. Can I undo this operation?
- I’d like to rename the images by EXIF date taken. Is it possible?
- I’d like to rename the mp3 files by the entries in the ID3 tag. How to do it?
- What is the Queue feature and how to use it?
- I need to process the items from different locations. Can I process them all at once?
- How to preserve file/folder timestamp?
- Is it possible to export the list of folders and files in a directory?
- How to copy folder structure only?
- How to split a file and create the part files in different locations?
- How to combine part files from different locations?
- Is it possible to load the network faster?
- How to show the hidden shares?
- Is it possible to show network as drive?
- How to to define a new FTP connection?
- I have defined FTP connection but I can not find this connection. What should I do?