Thumbnails not displayed

Discussion, questions and support.
Crogonint

Thumbnails not displayed

#1 Post by Crogonint » 11.11.2023, 01:01

Ok, I've been working on this for hours. I give up. I need help. For some unknown reason, I can see some thumbnails, but not others.. by filetype. For example, I can see .jpg thumbnails but not .png thumbnails. I'm in Win7 x64 with the current 32-bit version of FreeCommander. I already had Icaros installed before I installed FreeCommander, in order to get more filetypes to have thumbnails in Windoze Explorer. I do NOT know if I need to do anything special to integrate it with FreeCommander, but I read about Icaros being mentioned in another thread. I just now installed the Imagine, mthumbs and fb2 .wcx plugins in to the viewer panel (with the "both" checkmarked for Viewer and Quickview) and I don't see any difference. I still don't see those 'png thumbnails in the folder I'm trying to view. I restarted FreeCommander, but not the desktop session or the machine.

Help..?

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Thumbnails not displayed

#2 Post by Dreamer » 11.11.2023, 16:31

Similar topics:
844 - No thumbnails in FC and Windows Explorer for png, jpg... - FreeCommander Forum
832 - Thumbnails are not loading - FreeCommander Forum
Thumbnails not showing - FreeCommander Forum
Thumbnails disappear - also in File Explorer and others - FreeCommander Forum

I have this problem from time to time and it's always solved itself after few days.

Sometime the problem is also in Windows Explorer, sometime only in FC, even only in 1 FC instance and OK in another FC instance.

It's really a strange issue, probably not a FC bug, but an OS issue.

I tried some ways to fix it, like reset thumbnails in Windows and others, but it was never working, the only solution was just wait and it was always solved after few days.

Crogonint

#3 Post by Crogonint » 11.11.2023, 21:58

Yes I read all of those threads you linked, but I'm still scrathing my head at the problem.

Is there a way to make FreeCommander use the Icaros thumbnail cache, so that Windoze doesn't get a chance to screw it up?

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 11.11.2023, 22:51

I don't know, if it's possible to add any own cache for thumbanils in FC, probably it's not easy.

Workaround, use XnView temporary, it has its own cache, the problem in FC should be fixed in few days.

Crogonint

#5 Post by Crogonint » 12.11.2023, 03:01

use XnView temporary
Heh, that's actually what I did, for one folder, XnView is annoying to navigate around, though.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 12.11.2023, 14:06

Please, let us know, when it will be fixed in FreeCommander.