How to define quick filters

Discussion and questions - donor version.
robsc

How to define quick filters

#1 Post by robsc » 20.09.2023, 18:10

I've searched the forums and looked all through help and just cannot find it. Will someone please tell me how to define a quick filter for use in the toolbar?

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: How to define quick filters

#2 Post by Dreamer » 20.09.2023, 21:13

I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Just type something into the quick filter field.

More information:

https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Quickfilter.html

https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Q ... ilter.html

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 21.09.2023, 10:09

And if you want to add such pre-defined Quick Filter searches in form of ready-to-use buttons to your Splitter bar then right click on it and after choosing the Define actions toolbars search for e.g. Quick Filter 3 and double left click it

robsc

#4 Post by robsc » 26.09.2023, 18:44

I wasn't very clear. I'm still not good at wording it so I'll show a screenshot because I found what I was looking for. The screenshot shows the place where you define the quick filters in the manner I was trying to ask about. The 1st entry in that box corresponds to the 1st quick filter button you can add in the define action toolbar, 2nd to 2nd, and so on. It looks like Forez is showing another way of accomplishing the same thing if I understand correctly?

Thanks for helping me out guys.

Hopefully the image comes through....

It doesn't look like it... but under settings>Quick search/filter/starter at the bottom of the page is a box to enter "Predefined quick filters:"
The first entry corresponds to the first quick filter button you can place in a toolbar with "define action toolbars...", the 2nd with the 2nd, and so on.