Main menu disappear if defined as "Show menu as toolbar"

Discussion, questions and support.
Marek
Author
Author

Main menu disappear if defined as "Show menu as toolbar"

#1 Post by Marek » 23.06.2018, 12:17

I have checked the problem with the main menu discussed here https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtop ... =15#p27397

Menu is displayed as a toolbar if at least one other toolbar exists for the display. This condition is fulfilled if:
  • at least one action toolbar in the main area (at the top of the window) is defined for the display
If no condition is met, then menu bar should be displayed (not always will be displayed in the current release - bug).

If, for some reason, the menu is not visible, you can use the context menu in the status bar to redisplay the menu.

Forez

Re: Main menu disappear if defined as "Show menu as toolbar"

#2 Post by Forez » 23.06.2018, 15:45

Marek wrote: 23.06.2018, 12:17 [...]
If, for some reason, the menu is not visible, you can use the context menu in the status bar to redisplay the menu.
Yes, that finally allowed me to see my Menu with all of the the colors I have chosen for my Color Schema

And my I add: I also finally got to see all of Menu in my colors, not just parts of it. Till this day I was thinking that, like many other elements in FC, the Menu is only partially configurable via the Color Schemas because it is a work in progress. So it is a pity that in order to see my colors I have to either wait for that bug removal; or change a method of how the Menu is being displayed and loose some vertical space by doing so

Thank you Marek for making it clear what is [wrongly] happening in the current version of FC