Tools - Settings - Programs -
Under "Tools → Settings → Programs" in the tab "Viewers", the user may define programs for showing files, depending on their file extension.
Assignment of filters and programs (viewers)
Different file extensions (in the column "filter") may be assigned to different viewers (in the column "programs").
In the above example, the viewer "Viewer.exe" is assigned to files with the extensions "mp3" and "avi".
Calling the viewers
On activation of the menu item "File → View" or the hotkey "F3", the listed filters are analyzed sequentially from the top down. The highlighted file is opened by the viewer assigned to the first matching filter. Only checked rows are taken into account when matching a filter.
If no filter matches the highlighted file, it will be shown by the FreeCommander viewer as configured in the menu item "Tools → Settings → View → Viewer".
The following buttons and shortcuts are available for editing the list of viewer programs:
- (Insert): add new row
- (F2): edit the filter in the highlighted row
- (Ctrl+Del): delete the highlighted row
- (Ctrl+↑): move the highlighted row up
- (Ctrl+↓): move the highlighted row down
The input box "program" specifies, for the highlighted row, the viewer which should open the file(s) selected in the active file panel.
The program (the viewer) can either be edited in the input box "program", or selected by clicking . The following menu items are available:
- seeking a program via the dialog open
- the start drive (%FcSrcDrive%) of FreeCommander
- the start folder (%FcSrcPath%) of FreeCommander
The input box "parameters" specifies any parameters required for the program in the highlighted row.
The parameters can either be edited in the input box "parameters", or selected by clicking . The following menu items are available:
- Focused item - active (%ActivItem%): only the item highlighted in the active file panel will be opened
- Selected items - active (%ActivSel%): all items selected in the active file panel will be opened
- Accept only files (%AcceptOnlyFiles%): only files selected in the active file panel will be opened, no folders