Tools - Settings - Programs -
Under "Tools → Settings → Programs" in the tab "Editors", the user may define programs for editing files, depending on their file extension.
Assignment of filters and programs (editors)
Different file extensions (in the column "filter") may be assigned to different editors (in the column "programs").
In the above example, files with the extension:
- doc and docx: are assigned to the editor "Winword.exe"
- htm and html: are assigned to the editor "WebEditor.exe"
- * (all others:) are assigned to the editor "Notepad.exe"
Calling the editors
On activation of the menu item "File → Edit" or the hotkey "F4", the listed filters are analyzed sequentially from the top down. The highlighted file is opened by the editor assigned to the first matching filter. Only checked rows are taken into account when matching a filter.
The following buttons and shortcuts are available for editing the list of editor programs:
- (Insert): add new row
- (F2): edit the filter in the highlighted row
- (Ctrl+Del): delete the highlighted row
- (Ctrl+↑): move the highlighted row up
- (Ctrl+↓): move the highlighted row down
The input box "program" specifies the program which should perform the action for the highlighted row.
The input box "parameter" specifies any parameters required for the program in the highlighted row.