Tools - Settings - View
Main window title
This setting configures the title of the FreeCommander main window. The title is composed of information about the content of the active panel.
The button offers three base patterns for building the title:
- [folder]: the name of the folder in the active panel
- [drive][folder]: the drive and name of the folder in the active panel
- [path]: the complete path of the folder in the active panel
The button offers to insert the following contents in the title pattern:
- Folder name [folder]
- Full path [path]
- Drive letter [drive]
- Tab title [tab_title]
- User name [user]
- FC Release number [release]
- Platform [platform](Win32 or Win64) This resolved information is always shown at the end of the title
- Layout [layout]
This setting configures the vertical (sometimes horizontal) line separating the panels. The following settings are offered:
- Width in pixels
The splitter width in pixels.
- Hotspot visible
If this setting is checked, two bars are shown in the main splitter to indicate that it can be dragged for resizing (see "Overview of the user interface").
Change splitter color if content is not visible
This option is used for all FreeCommander splitters. The content in the case of the main splitter is a file panel.
- Option Change splitter color
If the splitter is moved so far that the content of one panels is not visible and this option is checked, the splitter color changes to the color set with the button .
- Button Change splitter color
After activating this button the splitter color can be selected.
Go up strip
This setting configures two vertical bars, one on the left border of the left panel and the other on the right border of the right panel (see "Overview of the user interface"). Clicking one of these strips activates the parent folder of the active panel. The following settings are offered:
- Width in pixels
The width of the go up strips in pixels.
- Color gradient of the go up strips
- After clicking the left button, the color for the start of the background gradient of the go up strips can be chosen.
- After clicking the right button, the color for the end of the background gradient of the go up strips can be chosen.
Icons in the main menu
The display mode of icons for the items in the main menu can be chosen:
- Use small icons
Each item of the main menu is preceded by a small icon.
- Use large icons
Each item of the main menu is preceded by a large icon.
- No icons
No item of the main menu is preceded by an icon.
Use Windows drawn menus
If this setting is checked, the menus will be drawn by Windows instead of by FreeCommander.
If the setting "Use defined font" is checked, the font specified here is used for every dialog screen. Otherwise the fonts specified by Windows are used.