Deleting with FreeCommander method resets to default view the Detailed View with turned on calculation of space [SOLVED]

Discussion and questions - donor version.
Forez

Deleting with FreeCommander method resets to default view the Detailed View with turned on calculation of space [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Forez » 21.01.2024, 10:39

Whenever over the default option

Tools > Settings > File/folder operations > General > Delete > Windows

I choose

Tools > Settings > File/folder operations > General > Delete > Use FreeCommander

and I am in Detailed View [CTRL + F2] with on top of it turned on calculation of space occupied by folders [ALT + F9] and I deleted something then my view gets affected: I am thrown back to ordinary List [CTRL + F1] and the calculation option gets turned off

This happens both instantly when the process of deletion of a something minuscule like a single file ends and also when whole minutes past needed for sending to Recycle Bin tens of thousands of items [and also when I interrupt such lengthy process by pressing the Cancel button]

I am using Build 900 64-bit Donor Portable on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 x64
Last edited by Forez on 21.01.2024, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Deleting with FreeCommander method over Windows resets Detailed View with turned on calculation of space to default

#2 Post by Dreamer » 21.01.2024, 11:13

I think it's not a bug.

Try this:
- disable Automatic views
- or use Automatic views - for item <Default view> - View type, Sort on, and Show size of folders use option <No change>

If you're using Automatic view for any folder, and want to use different view temporary, you can use Lock view option.

Forez

Re: Deleting with FreeCommander method over Windows resets Detailed View with turned on calculation of space to default

#3 Post by Forez » 21.01.2024, 17:21

You were very close and this most likely indeed is not a bug

Because, as it comes out, the culprit was

Column profiles > Columns settings... > Auto selectable views > Default view [ITEM ON THE LIST]

and its setting of
View type
which I surely / inadvertently must have switched to

Code: Select all

List
from itd default value of

Code: Select all

<no change>
[which must have happened during my recent battles with automatically applied views for Recycle Bin system and This PC root folders]

So thank you for pointing me into right direction