Missing Shortcuts

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
robsc

Missing Shortcuts

#1 Post by robsc » 15.08.2023, 03:09

I recently found that I can get a printed list of my shortcuts from the define shortcuts menu. I have only a few shortcuts, and I believe that I defined most of them on my own. Is there a straightforward way to add pre-defined ones into my software version? I am on build 892 64-bit donor.

I'd always wondered why a file manager didn't have the basic shortcuts, such as Ctrl+C for copy. It's because it never had them due to some reason unknown, and I'm unsure if I accidentally deleted something in the beginning. Any assistance in incorporating the pre-defined shortcuts into my system would be greatly appreciated.

I have good news though. The help file has started opening again for reasons just as mysterious. It had worked fine originally, but when I went to build 892, it wouldn't open anymore until I tried it tonight.

Thanks.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Missing Shortcuts

#2 Post by Dreamer » 15.08.2023, 18:03

Copy - Ctrl+C shortcut is listed, when using default settings.

You can try portable version, to compare and add any missing default keyboard shortcuts.

FAQ – FreeCommander - How do I install the portable ZIP version?

robsc

#3 Post by robsc » 15.08.2023, 20:05

That's what I mean. Only a small number of shortcuts were already set up on my device when using the default settings for some reason. I found it strange that Ctrl + C didn't copy or Ctrl + A didn't select all, but now I understand that it's due to a glitch. I defined most of the few shortcuts that I have. I didn't realize they were supposed to be there until recently. I assumed we were supposed to define them ourselves. I would hate having to define each one individually since that's already been done by Marek, so I hope it's just a file that I accidentally deleted. Or maybe there's another way to add them to my system without having to define each one, as there are a lot of them.

Or maybe I misunderstood your post?

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 15.08.2023, 20:35

It could be a bug, in older versions it happened to me too, some shortcuts were lost temporary or permanently, just few.

If you don't have too many custom shortcuts, you can assign any custom shortcut for any action, then click the button "Defaults", this should remove all custom shortcuts and set default shortcuts for all actions.

Another way, exit FC and delete the file FreeCommander.shc in the Settings folder.

robsc

#5 Post by robsc » 16.08.2023, 15:38

I couldn't get the Default button to activate in the define shortcuts popup no matter how I tried to interact with it. Finally, I decided to exit FreeCommander and delete the FreeCommander.shc file, which solved the problem! Thank you very much for your help. I'm glad to have the shortcuts now.