Deactivation of new Tab creation with a single left click

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Deactivation of new Tab creation with a single left click

#1 Post by Forez » 03.01.2023, 17:46

It seems that under despite presence of option

Tools > Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management > Close tab on double click

there is no similar

Tools > Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management > Open new tab on single click

or alternatively

Tools > Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management > Do not open new with single left click

And because of this, after switching my configuraton to using Close tab on double click, when trying very quickly to close excess of Tabs I constantly fall into this loop of come closure and its reversion / interruption by creation of a new one. And yes, there are workarounds - but just as there are other options concerning closing of Tabs there should be also such for creating new ones; at least this particular option of stopping the default behavior of a single left click performed on emptyspace of Tabs bar

Forez

Re: Deactivation of new Tab creation with a single left click

#2 Post by Forez » 24.01.2023, 17:13

Forez wrote: 03.01.2023, 17:46 [...]
Tools > Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management > Open new tab on single click

or alternatively

Tools > Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management > Do not open new with single left click
[...]
Are there any supporters of my this idea of mine?

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 24.01.2023, 21:06

Actually it's a double-click the empty tab bar to create a new tab, not a single click.

Just few workarounds, I don't like the option to close tab with double-click, because tab can be closed by mistake and possible conflict with other options, like "go to last used tab", or "reset locked path".

- use just middle click to close tabs, or Ctrl+W
- create few basic tabs, with the custom icons, no names, lock these tabs, then it will be possible to close all not locked tabs easily with 1 click or 1 keyboard shortcut, or just close FC and not locked tabs will be closed automatically

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 27.01.2023, 19:37

In the new version 884 the ini option was added:
Marek wrote: 25.01.2023, 20:38Implemented: Option to define in the freecommander.ini CreateTabOnFreeSpaceDblClick; default value 1, to disable tab creation use value 0
Another workaround could be using mouse shortcuts with HotkeyP or AutoHotkey, wheel tilt or right button+wheel to switch tabs and right button+middle button to close current tab anywhere withing the FC window.

Options for the shortcut right button + middle button to close current tab in HotkeyP:

Hot Key: Mouse R&M
Command: Macro to active window
Parameters: \ctrl.\W FreeCommander.exe