Tools - Settings - Programs -
Under "Tools → Settings → Programs" in the tab "Default action", the user may define programs for opening files according to their extension, either with the "ENTER" key or by double-clicking on the file.
Assignment of filters and programs (default action)
Different file extensions (in the column "filter") may be assigned to be opened by different programs (in the column "programs").
In the above example, the program "PSPad.exe" is assigned to open files with the extensions "htm" and "html".
Calling the programs
On activation of the "ENTER" key or double click, the listed filters are analyzed sequentially from the top down. The highlighted file is opened by the program assigned to the first matching filter. Only checked rows are taken into account when matching a filter.
The following buttons and shortcuts are available for editing the list of default programs:
- (Insert): add new row
- (F2): edit the filter in the highlighted row
- (Ctrl+Del): delete the highlighted row
- (Ctrl+↑): move the highlighted row up
- (Ctrl+↓): move the highlighted row down
The input box "program" specifies, for the highlighted row, the program which should open the file(s) selected in the active file panel, if a default action is performed.
The program can either be edited in the input box "program", or selected by clicking . The following menu items are available:
- seeking a program via the dialog open
- the start drive (%FcSrcDrive%) of FreeCommander
- the start folder (%FcSrcPath%) of FreeCommander
The input box "parameters" specifies any parameters required for the program in the highlighted row.
The parameters can either be edited in the input box "parameters", or selected by clicking . The following menu items are available:
- Focused item - active (%ActivItem%): only the item highlighted in the active file panel will be opened
- Selected items - active (%ActivSel%): all items selected in the active file panel will be opened
- Accept only files (%AcceptOnlyFiles%): only files selected in the active file panel will be opened, no folders