Main menu - Folder - New
After activating the main menu item "Folder → New" or the shortcut "F7" the dialog "New folder" is opened:
The following possibilities for the input of the name of the new folder are offered:
- Manual editing
The folder name can be typed directly.
- Name suggestions
Clicking the button in the field "New folder" offers the following suggestions to overwrite the actual field contents (folder name):
- The name of the item highlighted in the active panel, that can be modified after selection.
- The names loaded from the row "NewFolderNameSuggestionList=" of the section "[Form]" in the file FreeCommander.ini.
This suggestion could be helpful, if new folders with same names are created very often.
- A name generated from the actual date, as defined under the menu item "Tools → Settings → File/folder operations" in the field "Create file/folder suggestion - date format" of the tab "General".
- A name generated from the actual timestamp, as defined under the menu item "Tools → Settings → File/folder operations" in the field "Create file/folder suggestion - timestamp format" of the tab "General".
Clicking the "OK" button creates the new sub folder of the folder opened in the active panel.
- Creating multilevel sub folders
Example: Inserting of "fc\lng\de" creates sub folders of the folder opened in the active panel in three levels.
- Creating multilevel folders in a higher level
Example: Inserting of "..\fc" creates the folder "fc" parallel to the folder opened in the active panel.
It is also possible to create several folders at the same time. Example: Inserting of "dir1|dir2" creates the two folders "dir1" and "dir2".