Tools - Settings - View - Column profiles/Automatic views - Example
This example shows how to define an automatic view for "Music" folder and all sub-folders with the sorting on "Modified" time-stamp.
- If your "Automatic views" are not active, define first the "Default view" and activate the option "Switch view mode automatically on folder change":
- Change to your Music folder, e.g. in right pane. Set the detail view and sorting as you want to have it later.
- With Shift+F1 in the right pane call the column profiles pop-up menu and select "Add current column profile specific to folder..."
- Define the name of the new profile
- With Shift+F1 in the right pane call the column profiles pop-up menu and select "Add current view specific to folder..."
- Define the name of the new view
- If all worked properly, you should have the settings for the automatic view "Music"
- Change the condition so that all sub-folders can use this view.
- Save all settings
Now as soon as you change to your Documents folder the view and sorting changes automatically.