Splitter lacks Single Panel switch possibility

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Splitter lacks Single Panel switch possibility

#1 Post by Forez » 23.04.2023, 21:30

It is possible for a user to put on a Favorite Toolbar an Item with its Program Or Folder set to

Code: Select all

<actViewSplit100_50>
and then click it in order to see just 1 Panel instead of 2. But user cannot put such icon for switching to the single Panel mode on the Splitter, as there is not this option [of writing a hidden / advanced parameter] in it nor is there such ready-to-use Command on the list of available ones

I reckon that it is because if a user would left click it, then the whole Splitter would disappear, thus making it impossible to un-click such profound change and for an inexperienced creating potentially a big problem. But to that I say: what about the

View > Show > Show toolbars

option? It makes a far more problematic change- and yet there it is available without any prompt / fail-safe

I myself often change and switch Panels and change their sizes, for which purpose I have added some of those handy Commands to my Splitter - but whenever I see that I must revert to last resort of using one Panel, I have to use some other method to evoke that