Create File/Folder - Name Suggestion feature expansion with new options [IMPLEMENTED]

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Create File/Folder - Name Suggestion feature expansion with new options [IMPLEMENTED]

#1 Post by Forez » 03.04.2023, 16:05

Under the

Tools > Settings > File / folder operations > Rename / Create > Create file / folder - name suggestion

users can adjust the format of name for new items being created

I propose expanding this feature by allowing users to add as many fields as they want, which would allow them to quickly create files and folders with same or similar names and with dates and timestamps if needed

In order for this to work, the default values of

Code: Select all

yyyymmdd

yyyy-mm-dd hh-nn-ss
should be changed to [i.e. required to be written as] e.g.

%%yyyy%%%%mm%%%%dd%%

%%yyyy%%-%%%mm%%-%%dd%% %%hh%%-%%nn%%-%%ss%%
so that users could add any element of these values wherever they want and also still be able to use the

%
sign as part of suggested names

For convenient usage:

● above the first entry there should be written explanation of these default values / rules

● each entry should have an ability to be hidden on the drop-down list [i.e. to be turned on / off]

● each entry should be movable up and down as a user pleases [so that e.g. a bottom entry could be moved few steps up]

● the currently available two boxes should be ditched entirely - or left as they are now [i.e. ready to be used by default] but with an addition of option of being able to hide them on the drop-down list by selecting checkboxes
Last edited by Forez on 23.07.2023, 17:48, edited 2 times in total.

Forez

Re: Expanding the "Create file/folder - name suggestion" feature with new options

#2 Post by Forez » 24.04.2023, 21:30

Being able to quickly choose from a drop down menu at for example exactly 10 PM on 24rd of April between e.g.

20230424-2200
2023 04 24
2023 04 24 - 22.00

would allow for both greater diversity and paradoxically unification of data-stamps. Because some programs automatically use one format while others another - but sometimes user is forced do create a datastamped folder manually for whatever such automated program in order to retain is naming scheme; and thus needs to adjust format manually or just write current date / time from scratch

Forez

Re: Expanding the "Create file/folder - name suggestion" feature with new options

#3 Post by Forez » 09.06.2023, 12:09

Build 890 has expanded significantly options available for the F7 feature - but they do not affect what is available for this old drop down list element of it