Danish language

Discussion and questions regarding to the translation of FreeCommander XE
erik_m

Danish language

#1 Post by erik_m » 26.10.2022, 00:48

Hi
I have made a full translation of FreeCommander into Danish - updated up to version 876.
I have just mailed it to Marek - hope it will be available to Danish users in a short while...

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Danish language

#2 Post by Marek » 26.10.2022, 19:34

Hi Erik,

thank you very much for your translation!
The new Danish.lng and other current language files can be downloaded here: http://freecommander.com/FreeCommanderXE_lng.zip

erik_m

#3 Post by erik_m » 26.10.2022, 21:40

Marek wrote: 26.10.2022, 19:34 Hi Erik,

thank you very much for your translation!
The new Danish.lng and other current language files can be downloaded here: http://freecommander.com/FreeCommanderXE_lng.zip
Hi Marek
Very fine. The thing that made me confused about the translation arose from visiting FreeCommanders website. In the area around translations you urge people interested in translating into a given language to check existing translations. And to that purpose You have a total listing of translated languages on the website but this list is not updated. I downloaded the danish translation from this area - but it was a danish translation dating back from 2014. I suggest You either update this page and the corresponding translations - or remove the collection of translated languages from the website.
I have now begun a closer look of the danish translation used in real situations - and I will continue this - and send you updated translations every now and then - or give me a hint on how to do this in a proper way.
And I think You will keep me informed of changed texts in relation to new versions of FreeCommander

Erik Marcussen

Timon

#4 Post by Timon » 27.10.2022, 08:19

erik_m wrote: 26.10.2022, 21:40
And I think You will keep me informed of changed texts in relation to new versions of FreeCommander

Erik Marcussen
You can find all new and changed text strings grouped by FC XE releases here http://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=150

Marek
Author
Author

#5 Post by Marek » 28.10.2022, 17:20

Very fine. The thing that made me confused about the translation arose from visiting FreeCommanders website. In the area around translations you urge people interested in translating into a given language to check existing translations. And to that purpose You have a total listing of translated languages on the website but this list is not updated. I downloaded the danish translation from this area - but it was a danish translation dating back from 2014. I suggest You either update this page and the corresponding translations - or remove the collection of translated languages from the website.
I have now begun a closer look of the danish translation used in real situations - and I will continue this - and send you updated translations every now and then - or give me a hint on how to do this in a proper way.
The language site and file are up to date now.
The danish transation was old. Sometimes the translators are no longer available.
Some translators send the updated file after each program version.
At the end of the year I send an email to the translators who make updates less frequent.