Build 872 64-bit donor Accessing Google Drive

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
cliverlong

Build 872 64-bit donor Accessing Google Drive

#1 Post by cliverlong » 07.10.2022, 19:07

First, I think this issue is due to some change in Google Drive.

Why I say that, is on Windows 10 explorer I used to be able to access my Google drive via a shortcut created in Windows Explorer called "Google Drive".

Now that link to GDrive is present in Explorer , but the contents do not synchronize with the cloud GDrive and the file and folder icons do not show the little cloud .

However, a new link has been created in Explorer : G:\My Drive or This PC> Google Drive (G:) > My Drive, where it looks the G drive has been "taken" by Google Drive. Through this I can access the contents on my GDrive, the contents synchronize with the cloud folder and the folder and file icons show the little cloud.

Now .... FCXE shows the same behaviour. The "Google Drive" link does not access the synchronized contents. To access my actual, current Google Drive I have to click the "up" link in FCXE until I get to the C: drive, then I click on the link to the left of C: drive and select G: drive. Then I can navigate > My drive > synchronized GDrive contents.

Is there a way to replace the "presented " link in FCXE to the non-synchronized contents to the "actual" Google drive contents?

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Build 872 64-bit donor Accessing Google Drive

#3 Post by Marek » 10.10.2022, 21:28

I am sorry, but I do not see what is your problem.
You can simply use G drive. With click on G in the drive bar you have access to Google Drive.

cliverlong

#4 Post by cliverlong » 11.10.2022, 13:25

Marek wrote: 10.10.2022, 21:28 I am sorry, but I do not see what is your problem.
You can simply use G drive. With click on G in the drive bar you have access to Google Drive.
Thanks for your quick response.

1. The "Google Drive" link, that I have used until recently, and is part of the "default" list of folders in FCXE, points to some version of the files that is not synchronized with the cloud files.

2. Yes, I can navigate to the "G:" drive, then ""My Drive" in FCXE, but it is much more clumsy a process than using the previous "Google Drive" link.

As I wrote originally, I don't think this is a "fault" in FCXE - because Windows Explorer behaves in the same way. Maybe what I am looking for is someway to create a shortcut in the default FCXE file list so when I click on it the synchronized folder on GDrive is opened directly. Also I would like to hide the "Google Drive" link in the FCXE link some I'm not tempted to click on this and hence open the unsynchronized folder. Maybe there are facilities that do this in FCXE and I just haven't searched hard enough to find them.

I use FC as my default file manager, and decided to pay for it, as it is so much more powerful and useful than the default Windows file manager.

cliverlong

#5 Post by cliverlong » 11.10.2022, 13:54

Marek wrote: 10.10.2022, 21:28
OK, I see what you mean about the icon for the G: drive

So it is two clicks to open the cloud folder: G , then "My Drive". This will work.

Can I hide the "google drive" link in the "body" of the other folders as shown in one of my screenshots, so I'm not drawn to click on it?

Can I shortcut to "My drive"?

Thanks,

Marek
Author
Author

#6 Post by Marek » 11.10.2022, 22:17

You can add "G:\My Drive" to favorites or create button for favorite tool.
Can I hide the "google drive" link in the "body" of the other folders as shown in one of my screenshots, so I'm not drawn to click on it?
This appears to be a normal folder: "c:\Users\Clive\Google Drive". You must know if you need the content of the folder. If not, you can simply delete the folder.
If you not sure, first rename the folder.

cliverlong

#7 Post by cliverlong » 12.10.2022, 13:36

Marek wrote: 11.10.2022, 22:17
This appears to be a normal folder: "c:\Users\Clive\Google Drive". You must know if you need the content of the folder. If not, you can simply delete the folder.
If you not sure, first rename the folder.
Aha ! I think this "c:\Users\Clive\Google Drive" may be the legacy remnant of an earlier version of the Google synchronisation software.

As you suggest I will delete this old folder and access the cloud storage via the G:drive link.

Many thanks for your help.