Quick starter — all names lower-cased

Discussion and questions - donor version.
CabbageTree

Quick starter — all names lower-cased

#1 Post by CabbageTree » 06.10.2022, 15:24

I love Quick Starter,
and because of this I have to ask why the name of an item dragged into it is converted to lowercase. This "feautre" makes the bunch of names even harder to orient in.

Please enable the option of keeping the names of items as they are. (So FinalVersionOfTheProject does not change to finalversionoftheproject.)

Great would be the ability to rename the item in Quick Starter. I have several folders named "Export" here and there but the only way how to distinguish between Export, Export, Export and Export is to study its 15 cm long path (in lower case, of course), which is so exhausting, that I rather resign to employ QS for this work.

Well, some type of color marking of the quick-started items (as is possible in the great Tab-properties) would be totally game-changing!

Thank you.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Quick starter — all names lower-cased

#2 Post by Marek » 06.10.2022, 22:49

I love Quick Starter,
and because of this I have to ask why the name of an item dragged into it is converted to lowercase. This "feautre" makes the bunch of names even harder to orient in.
I see currently no reason why the names are changed to lowercase, so I think it is no problem to change it to the "as is" names in the next release.
Great would be the ability to rename the item in Quick Starter.
Done for the next release.
some type of color marking of the quick-started items (as is possible in the great Tab-properties) would be totally game-changing!
Items color by file type is possible.

CabbageTree

Re: Quick starter — all names lower-cased

#3 Post by CabbageTree » 07.10.2022, 08:49

You are a Magician, Marek…

Thank you mate!