Still Not Working Acceptably Well with Libraries

Bugs and issues.
ADRz

Still Not Working Acceptably Well with Libraries

#1 Post by ADRz » 10.08.2022, 23:19

Despite the many updates, FreeCommander still has a problem with the Libraries. Although clicking on Libraries displays correctly the various Libraries, the moment one clicks on one, an incoherent collection of folders from various libraries appear. There is no rhyme or reason for the folders that are presented. They are neither all the folders of the selected library nor are they the recently accessed ones. Why this program has such great difficulty with Libraries remains a puzzlement for me. It is not a new feature, not by a long shot. Therefore, some effort should be expended to fixing this problem.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Still Not Working Acceptably Well with Libraries

#2 Post by Marek » 11.08.2022, 22:10

I do not work with Libraries - maybe that's the cause :).
Try to describe more exactly what is wrong. Provide screenshots from Explorer and FC (you can send the screenshots directly to me).

ADRz

#3 Post by ADRz » 14.08.2022, 02:27

Marek,
First of all, Libraries are a great feature for many professionals that have a variety of projects they are working on and they do not want to spend the time going through the maze of directories under "Documents" to find what they are looking for. I personally find it very useful. Essentially, its folder that is included in a library maintains the structure of its subfolders. Therefore, clicking in any library, it will reveal the "sublibraries" attached to it (if any) and clicking in any one of these, it will reveal the same structure of subfolders that one would see in File Explorer. Unfortunately, in FreeCommander, the Libraries are listed, but when one clicks on any of the libraries, virtually all the subfolders included in all the libraries show up. It is unworkable. I would have sent you a screen capture, but I cannot find an easy way to do this in this forum. For me, it would be just acceptable to have the "Libraries" feature perform just as it does in File Explorer (In fact, there is no reason why it should not!!)

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 14.08.2022, 12:52

Which version are you using and which OS version?

I have the same content in the Libraries in Windows Explorer and FreeCommander, tested in version 861 32-bit public, and 873 64-bit donor, Windows 10 21H1 64-bit.

Screenshots would be helpful too.
Dreamer wrote: 27.09.2007, 23:18If you have found a bug in FreeCommander XE (public version), please report it in this forum (Bug Reports). Here are few hints:
  • Make sure you use the latest version of FreeCommander XE (if possible).
  • Report a bug only if it has appeared repeatedly.
  • Describe the steps to reproduce a bug (if possible).
  • Report the FreeCommander version and operating system. E.g. "FreeCommander XE 2021 Build 840 32-bit public, Windows 10 64-bit 20H2".
  • Sometimes it's useful to make a screenshot of the problem. You can use the integrated FreeCommander feature (menu > Tools > Desktop Snapshot), or one of many free tools available on the Internet, or just the integrated Windows feature - press PrintScreen to make a screenshot, then open any image editor, e.g. Paint, press Ctrl+V to paste, save it and upload it to https://postimages.org/ , or https://imgur.com/ for example. Do not place large screenshots in the forum, use the links, or thumbnails instead. Please use the English language for screenshots, you can use /Lng=English command line parameter.
You can send the screenshots also directly to Marek via email.

ADRz

#5 Post by ADRz » 18.08.2022, 22:38

I hope that you have received the screenshots that I have sent you. If anything there is not clear, please let me know.