Inconsistent treatment of non-defined items in Favorite Toolbars

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Inconsistent treatment of non-defined items in Favorite Toolbars

#1 Post by Forez » 12.07.2022, 01:07

If a shortcut added by user does not have defined its "Program or folder:" then what is shown on a toolbar is its "Name:" written with font in miniature size

But if the very same entry is moved to a "Category" group [i.e. a drop-down sub-menu], then it is not shown at all. To be precise: its still editable thus visible in the "Define favorite toolbars" options window, but not present in the actual toolbar [in that drop-down list created by using "Category" feature]

In my opinion they should always be visible - a drop-down sub-menu also should show an entry displaying a "Name:". It is simply illogical to hide them completely just because a user decided to "hide" them in a group available after an additional left mouse button click. Thus I view this as bug

And if you wonder, just why would anyone want to utilize such ill-defined entries, then consider this: I myself am trying to create a Favorite Toolbar that has links leading to 25 color-coded and numbered versions of Notepad2 sketch-like / temporary files - and some of those links are suppose to be empty now, only awaiting for new colors [thus icons] somewhere in the future. And so with current state of affairs I am able to do this, but not in a exact way I wish; i.e. I am unable to visibly hide them in a ready to use state under on icon serving as a sub-menu - I am only able to "hide" them in a full view, thus wasting a precious space for non-working shortcuts

I am using version 861 32-bit public on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Inconsistent treatment of non-defined items in Favorite Toolbars

#2 Post by Marek » 14.07.2022, 22:59

Changed for the version 873.
Workaround - type space character in field "Program or folder".

Forez

Re: Inconsistent treatment of non-defined items in Favorite Toolbars

#3 Post by Forez » 01.01.2023, 12:43

Yes, this display behavior is now consistent in version 880 32-bit public