Splitter right click menu should use icons chosen by a user and not the default ones

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Splitter right click menu should use icons chosen by a user and not the default ones

#1 Post by Forez » 05.07.2022, 19:21

Currently a user can change icons for items put on the Splitter toolbar. But those icons do not show up when user right-clicks on such visually adjusted Splitter- e.g. option Set active panel to 50% retains its mostly white default icon while option Split 0/100% still has no icon at all

I view this as a bug, but I bet that it was designed in that way. Whatever the case this might be, in the current stare we have inconsistent treatment of user's visual adjustment choses, which leads to potential doubling of icons to remember by a user

I am using version 861 32-bit public on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64
Last edited by Forez on 14.08.2023, 21:34, edited 3 times in total.

Forez

Re: Splitter right click menu should use icons chosen by a user and not the default ones

#2 Post by Forez » 12.08.2022, 05:23

Forez wrote: 05.07.2022, 19:21 [...]
those icons do not show up when user right-clicks on such visually adjusted Splitter
[...]
Now I see that this current rule applies to all entries in the main menu. For example I have

Splitter > Define actions toolbars... > Options > Commands > Size of folders

on my Splitter toolbar with an icon of my choosing - but under the

Menu > Folder > Size of folders

that very same option retains the icon provided by FreeCommander

So one could argue that menus are menus while toolbars are toolbars- as e.g. Windows 10 also allows to change an icon for LNK file leading to

C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe

which does not mean that the icon for

Windows Explorer > Computer > System > Manage

option for accessing Computer Management also should change on that account. But FC is not not an operating system - and in the case of those very examples from my first post, that dichotomy is of different gravitas, because those shortcuts are also present in a right click menu, no matter is a user chooses to insert them on Splitter

And so I think my request is still valid - while it would fall into a separate consideration, if the entries in the main menu also should be allowed to have icons chosen by a user [in order to be able to unify various visual aids]
Last edited by Forez on 14.08.2023, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

Forez

Re: Splitter right click menu should use icons chosen by a user and not the default ones

#3 Post by Forez » 14.08.2023, 21:32

So, can we have our various menus utilizing the icons we have consciously chosen for our Splitter items instead of seeing the default ones?