Icons of items in Panels have alignment to top while names are set to bottom

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Icons of items in Panels have alignment to top while names are set to bottom

#1 Post by Forez » 03.07.2022, 20:51

Look at items in Panels using either List View [CTRL + F1] or Detailed View [CTRL + F2]: all names are not centered horizontally but moved to the bottom of their "virtual boxes". And then select a file or folder and take notice how its icon is positioned up away from the center set by the highlight in form of background

In other words: no matter if user glances at ordinary items or at selected items - after a closer inspection they all look shifted / off beat. And no, changing the

Tools > Settings... > View > File / folder list > Color / font > Active Panel > Font [ICON] > Size

does not alleviate this vertical shift- on the contrary: when the size of font for items in Panels is increased, that lack of centered alignment becomes more obvious

I do not know if this is a bug or a conscious choice by the developer, but in my opinion this is not aesthetic. This should either be fixed by aligning the icon and file / folder name at the same level - or users should be given option which alignment they prefer: bottom [like how it is now], centered [like I propose], or top [might be interesting]

Alternatively: the users should be able to choose the size of icons for items. Because then they could be adjusted so that their centers match the centers of names. [I already posted a separate request for that, as it is an independent issue: https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12893]

I am using version 861 32-bit public on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64 with 150% zoom set at

Settings > System > Display > Scale and layouts > Change the size of text, apps, and other items > 150%