Quick Viewer / Viewer multiple issues

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Quick Viewer / Viewer multiple issues

#1 Post by Forez » 29.06.2022, 18:23

I have already mentioned occurrence of some issues with Viewer / Quick Viewer [viewtopic.php?p=31929&hilit=viewer+colors#p31929]. But now I want to make it into proper report; also because apparently these bugs are still present after over two years

A user can evoke the Viewer pop-up window and then change colors of its Title Bar under the

Options > Settings > General > Document title > Background Color > More Colors > Custom Colors

A user can there pick one of the 16 boxes available and set up a brand new color with the Add to Custom Colors button - and then click OK and then pick it from the small sub-menu of available colors and once again click OK in order apply it to Viewer's bar that shows title of a viewed file. So what is the problem?

#1]

Well, that color will be shown- or not. Or the Title Bar will disappear and the window will have to be closed and F3 pressed again in order for the Title Bar to re-appear. Or that custom color will be gone from the

F3 > Options > Settings > General > Document title > Background Color > More Colors > Custom Colors

sub-window. Or it will be available when chosen after going through that F3 route - but not if going through

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Viewer > General > Document title > Background Color > More Colors > Custom Colors

Or maybe not only it will be gone, but also it will become impossible to add new custom colors, as thit feature in the Color|Solid preview box will show only white color despite changing with the pointer position of the cross-hair on the palette or changing the number values for e.g. RGB palette, while all remaining 15 custom colors boxes will show black

And while in such situation sometimes I am able to unblock

F3 > Options > Settings > General > Document title > Background Color > More Colors > Custom Colors

feature by un-clicking the checkbox for

F3 > Options > Settings > General > Document title > Show title bar

other times I have to restore my settings from INI files to get rid of that blocking glitch

This seems to happen when either the

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Use the same settings for viewer and quick viewer

options is selected or when un-cheked. But when it is checked on, then both Viewer and Quick Viewer use the same color for their Title Bar, despite me trying to set them apart by changing them accordingly under the

or

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Viewer > General > Document title > Background Color > More Colors > Custom Colors

and

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Quick Viewer > General > Document title > Background Color > More Colors > Custom Colors

#2]

And also I am unable to change the font on Title Bar and its its size and weight, as my changes done under the

F3 > Options > Settings > General > Document title > Font > Font Size

or

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Viewer > General > Document title > Font > Font Size

and

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Quick Viewer > General > Document title > Font > Font Size

are saved / remembered, but not implemented [i.e. I always see the same small font, probably Verdana set to 9], But what is strange is that I am able to change its color under the

F3 > Options > Settings > General > Document title > Font > Effects > Color

or

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Viewer > General > Document title > Font > Effects > Color

and

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > View > Viewer > Quick Viewer > General > Document title > Font > Effects > Color

#3]

Plus often Free Commander after changing settings and closing of the Viewer window [the one evoked with F3] shows one or two pop-up error windows and needs to be re-opened

#4]

On top of that, the

F3 > Options > Settings > General

pop-up window does not have system icons in its up-right corner [i.e. >>X<< for closing]

All in all Viewer / Quick Viewer feature is unfortunately pretty messed up. All those glitches are happening in version 861 32-bit public on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64

Forez

Re: Quick Viewer / Viewer multiple issues

#2 Post by Forez » 22.07.2022, 00:47

Forez wrote: 29.06.2022, 18:23 On top of that
[...]
5]

And unfortunately there is another bug - but of a whole different kind:

viewtopic.php?t=12933

Forez

Re: Quick Viewer / Viewer multiple issues

#3 Post by Forez » 11.08.2022, 23:21

Forez wrote: 29.06.2022, 18:23 [...]
All those glitches
[...]
Plus this one:

6]
Another bug is that Quick Viewer / Viewer have a problem with Unicode TXT files

Both this features have this Unicode button / icon [6th and 8th when counted respectively from the right edge of their toolbars]. This option when turned on allows for a correct viewing of TXT files saved with Unicode formatting [i.e. without showing non existing dot signs all over the file]

The issue with it is that sometimes it turns on by itself and sometimes it does not. And when I open some TXT tests files and save them with some other formatting [like UTF-8 or ANSI] and once again look with Viewer / Quick Viewer at them or without looking at them re-save these files with Unicode - then this automatic recognition of Unicode might get sustained or not

I have looked thorough all options available at

Tools > Settings > Viewer

but found noting in regards to formatting in general and / or Unicode specifically. So it seems that FC pushes this button for user at random, as I could not find any pattern it ths ill behavior

My TXT test files were crated with Notepad2 4.2.25 x64 and Notepad3 5.21.1129.1 x64. I wanted to try out also plain Notepad and Notepad++ 8.4.3 x64 - but they do not allow for saving with Unicode