"Replace all occurrences" in Multi Rename window has an inconsistent check box behavior

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

"Replace all occurrences" in Multi Rename window has an inconsistent check box behavior

#1 Post by Forez » 05.05.2022, 15:33

In the window for the Multi Rename feature [available with CTRL + M] there is this "Replace all occurrences" option in the "Search and replace" section of it. If the user checks that box then that choice is not remembered the next time when Multi Rename window is opened. But changes made to the "Counter" section are remembered

Also for comparison, the "Search files/folders" window [available with CTRL + F] have checkboxes in its "Search in" section. If the user decides to choose e.g. the "Search in archives" option, then that option will be remembered

And so the current behavior for the "Search and replace" section of Multi Rename window is inconsistent with other alike option. And I personally would like to not to have to check the "Replace all occurrences" option every time that I need it. which is 99% of the time [and I simply forget that it is not a default behavior in FreeCommander]

Forez

Re: "Replace all occurrences" in Multi Rename window has an inconsistent check box behavior

#3 Post by Forez » 08.06.2022, 17:21

This does what I wanted, so thank you

However with a caveat: it also remembers what was written in boxes "Search for:" and "Replace with:" - thus will require from me an intervetion 99.99 times. So the only gain I have with this is to not to have to remember about that check-box

And no, the

Multi Rename > Options > save history

has no control over this

Forez

Re: "Replace all occurrences" in Multi Rename window has an inconsistent check box behavior

#4 Post by Forez » 08.06.2022, 17:22

This does what I wanted, so thank you

However with a caveat: it also remembers what was written in boxes "Search for:" and "Replace with:" - thus will require from me an intervetion 99.99 times. So the only gain I have with this is to not to have to remember about that check-box

And no, the

Multi Rename > Options > save history

has no control over this