Clarification of "Development Support"

Discussion and questions - donor version.
Uhuru NUru

Clarification of "Development Support"

#1 Post by Uhuru NUru » 03.04.2022, 14:23

On the Donor's Current Downloads Page does this Statement now appear
Many older users ask for a payment option that doesn't affect your current license. Here is a link for development support (with quantity you can change the amount):

https://sites.fastspring.com/freecomman ... devsupport
By "Older Users", I'm assuming it means those of us that got the "Legacy" Lifetime Licence, now no longer available to buy.

Seeing as donor access is really paying for the 64-bit version of the program, it's why I, and I suspect most "Legacy" users donated.
Personally, I think it's far past time the public free builds also offered the 64-bit version, as 32-bit is getting more obsolete, and a 32-bit OS is not available with W11.
I know you can still use 32-bit programs, on 64-bit OS, but there are some disadvantages. These will likely increase, now the OS is 64-bit only.

Donor access also includes every numbered build version, as "Beta" builds, where the public updates are far less frequent (20 to 30 builds apart).
So donating does have added value over, and above access to 64-bit, and I don't consider 64-bit access as the biggest draw, with the change to time limited licences.

Given that, the actual clarification I'm asking for is what is the actual difference (If Any) between "Beta Support", and "Development Support".
Does this just provide "Legacy" donors with a way to provide extra funding (not an issue), without losing their "Legacy" license, or is there some added benefit?
The statement quoted isn't clear, on what "Development Support" provides, and the page linked adds no further clarity.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Clarification of "Development Support"

#2 Post by Marek » 03.04.2022, 21:59

Does this just provide "Legacy" donors with a way to provide extra funding (not an issue), without losing their "Legacy" license
That's it.