How can I find all the specified folders (including hidden folders) on my hard disk and remove them all at once?

Discussion, questions and support.
gallaxy

How can I find all the specified folders (including hidden folders) on my hard disk and remove them all at once?

#1 Post by gallaxy » 08.03.2022, 03:51

Hello,

For example, when I compile C++ using Visual Studio, folders named the .vs (hidden folder), Debug, and Release are created. I want to delete this folder because it consumes a lot of hard disk space. I want to find all these folders and delete them at once.

What should I do?

Does have such a feature in FC?

Is there any software with these features?

Thanks.

Karol

Re: How can I find all the specified folders (including hidden folders) on my hard disk and remove them all at once?

#2 Post by Karol » 08.03.2022, 10:54

If you are c++ developer then it should be enough to check the search function: https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Search.html
As developer you probably know, that .vs folder can contain important project information.

gallaxy

Re: How can I find all the specified folders (including hidden folders) on my hard disk and remove them all at once?

#3 Post by gallaxy » 09.03.2022, 03:00

I am a beginner who is learning c++.
After deleting the .vs folder and recompiling again, it is generated again, so it does not seem to be a problem even if it deletes it after learning.

I hope to have this like feature in FC.

milnak

#4 Post by milnak » 11.03.2022, 22:24

ctrl-f (Find)
file name: .vs;debug;release
[x] search in subfolders up to level: 0
Timestamp/Size/Attr: Attributes: [x] Directory

click "Find".
Select all and delete.

gallaxy

#5 Post by gallaxy » 16.03.2022, 03:51

Your guide is very clear.
Thank you so much.