865: Unsticky folders size consolidation ("KB" Icon -> "Calculates the space occupied by folders (Alt+F9)")

Discussion, questions and support.
kino

865: Unsticky folders size consolidation ("KB" Icon -> "Calculates the space occupied by folders (Alt+F9)")

#1 Post by kino » 22.02.2022, 17:55

Hello,

I figured out a couple of days ago - using Build 865 64-bit donor - that the folder size consolidation button ceased to be sticky when navigating (within folders or even when going back and forth between tabs)

That is : the little "KB" Icon -> "Calculates the space occupied by folders (Alt+F9)")

I thought this wouldn't be much trouble or even beneficial since aggregating folders size can be resource consuming.

It turns out to be annoying in fact since when one is using this feature, it's often in order to investigate and drill down into nested folders to figure out some excessive consumption (the way one can do with TreeSize, WinDirStat, etc.)

Feature Request : would it be possible to offer some configuration option (Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management ?) in order to set the default behavior (sticky, unsticky) of the KB feature ?

Thanks

K.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: 865: Unsticky folders size consolidation ("KB" Icon -> "Calculates the space occupied by folders (Alt+F9)")

#2 Post by Dreamer » 22.02.2022, 20:06

Marek wrote: 02.02.2022, 21:10 ================================================================================
Important changes and bug fixes in the release 864
================================================================================

Implemented: Automatic views - "Show size of folders" property added
If you're using Automatic views, you can set that option for each item to:
- active
- inactive
- no change

kino

Re: 865: Unsticky folders size consolidation ("KB" Icon -> "Calculates the space occupied by folders (Alt+F9)")

#3 Post by kino » 06.03.2022, 18:44

Cool !
(plus : it makes sense to me too to be able to disable that behavior in specific huge top directories)
Thanks.