Jump list

Discussion, questions and support.
amarbota

Jump list

#1 Post by amarbota » 18.02.2022, 20:45

I realized that since some version there is a setting Settings > General > Jump List

release 858:
Implemented: Jump list on taskbar icon

release 864:
Implemented: New option added Settings->General: Activate Jump List

Seems there is no entry in the help file on what does it do and what is it used for. Can someone explain what is it used for? Thx.

Side Question:
The only thing I am missing in free commander is a quick switch from one folder for another with a simple command (CTRL + p) > get a input field and while typing it will show you the visited folders. Similar what fman is doing just that Free Commander is better overall.
Is there a good way to achieve this? Currently I am using quick starter but you need to update the repository too often.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Jump list

#2 Post by Marek » 18.02.2022, 22:31

Jump List: https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/j/jumplist.htm
The only thing I am missing in free commander is a quick switch from one folder for another with a simple command
Check Alt+G for address bar editing.

amarbota

#3 Post by amarbota » 18.02.2022, 23:27

Hello Marek,

Great Work btw!

Thank you for the quick response about the jump list.

Regarding the address bar editing, using Alt + G is quite to time consuming it requires you to enter the whole path manually and you are better of with navigating.

If that would be considered as some of the new implementation that would bring FreeCommander with an huge advantage amongst other File Managers.

Free Commander already saves history efficiently so if there would be a feature that based on what you type suggest you the paths that were used, it would be great.

milnak

#5 Post by milnak » 11.03.2022, 22:28

I clicked "activate jump list" but right clicking the pinned FreeCommander XE icon in Windows 11 doesn't show the list. Am I doing something wrong?