Background color in Tree

Discussion, questions and support.
acre

Background color in Tree

#1 Post by acre » 14.01.2022, 21:24

Hi all,

This is probably pilot error but for the life of me, I can't get a new background color to stick with a selected folder in the Tree. No matter what I do, the color stays as a light blue!

I assign the RGB color: 188, 184, 177 in the View > Tree > Background selection dialog box, add the color to the custom area, select it, apply it, and the color changes to the new color until I exit the Settings box. I select a folder in the Tree and its background is that light blue. How do I fix that?

Thanks...

Edit
Here's a hint: the program remembers a regular color like orange but NOT a custom color. You can't seem to assign a custom color. Why?

acre

Re: Background color in Tree

#2 Post by acre » 15.01.2022, 21:13

Does anyone have an idea why the background color for a folder selection in the Tree won't accept a custom color? Program bug? It only accepts a system color from the palette.

Edit
Does anyone have an opinion :P ? Thanks.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 16.01.2022, 16:02

From the FAQ:
I can’t change the color of some items, lines, why?

The color of some elements can’t be changed yet (maybe it will be possible in the future).
Please read also this topic:

Color Schemes - Guide - FreeCommander Forum
The color of some elements can't be changed (probably it will be possible in the future):

Tree focused item (light blue)

acre

#4 Post by acre » 16.01.2022, 19:38

Thanks for the reply, Dreamer. So, the background color of selected items in the Tree can't be changed at the moment.

What's funny is some of those background blue colors change to a different shade of blue depending on the chosen Color Scheme. That would mean a different RGB value is being parsed. As far as I know, RGB color codes are unique to each color. For example, the My DefaultColorSchema background parses a very dark Navy blue background for a selected folder, compared to the light powder blue we see in a grey scheme. Interesting.