Selecting colors in Tree

Discussion, questions and support.
acre

Selecting colors in Tree

#1 Post by acre » 08.01.2022, 15:12

Hi all,

When I choose a white background color for Selection in the Tree, the result is always pale blue. Why?
What is the relationship between choosing colors and View > View Style? Is there a global setting that sometimes overrides individual color choices?

Sorry to be critical, but I wish there was one page for setting up ALL the colors. I use Cubase 10.5 Pro and they do the same thing. The color selections are scattered all over the place. The color selections are often confusing in this program.

Edit
When choosing the exact same RGB code for the backgrounds in the Tree and File List, the colors don't look the same. For example, I chose Yellow for both. RGB: 255,255,0. The Tree background inactive color looks lime green, The File List background color looks bright yellow. Why?

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Selecting colors in Tree

#2 Post by Dreamer » 08.01.2022, 16:31

Which OS / FC version are you using? First, try to download the latest version.

More information would be useful, perhaps also some screenshots.

acre

#3 Post by acre » 08.01.2022, 16:43

Hi Dreamer,

I'm using Build 860 32-bit public on a Windows 10 PC.

As for screen shots, I'd love to but it seems I can't attach a pic the way I can in every other forum I belong to. I first need to upload the pic to something like Drop box and then link it. That's very convoluted. Can't a moderator allow attachments? Thanks for chiming in.

horst.epp

#4 Post by horst.epp » 08.01.2022, 17:38

acre wrote: 08.01.2022, 16:43 Hi Dreamer,

I'm using Build 860 32-bit public on a Windows 10 PC.

As for screen shots, I'd love to but it seems I can't attach a pic the way I can in every other forum I belong to. I first need to upload the pic to something like Drop box and then link it. That's very convoluted. Can't a moderator allow attachments? Thanks for chiming in.
Here is nothing special to attach files.
Drag the image file into your open posting.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
Everything Version 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
FreeCommander XE 2024 Build 905 64-bit donor

acre

#5 Post by acre » 08.01.2022, 19:08

Thanks, Dreamer.
I solved the problem of the pale blue color.
Now, I'm still curious as to why the background colors don't match when they're all the same in the Background selection dialog box. I dragged the screen capture .png file from my second monitor to this post. I doesn't show up in the Preview. Hopefully, it shows here 😉.

Edit
I don't see the picture I dragged. I'm using Google Chrome. When I drag the picture, it opens in a new window. Why doesn't it show up here? It must be pilot error.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 08.01.2022, 22:24

More info is needed, it's hard to reply without more info.

Regarding the screenshot, just open the image upload site, drag&drop image from explorer or FC to that site and copy the link.

More info is already below:

How to report a bug (Read before posting!) - FreeCommander Forum
Sometimes it's useful to make a screenshot of the problem. You can use the integrated FreeCommander feature (menu > Tools > Desktop Snapshot), or one of many free tools available on the Internet, or just the integrated Windows feature - press PrintScreen to make a screenshot, then open any image editor, e.g. Paint, press Ctrl+V to paste, save it and upload it to https://postimages.org/ , or https://imgur.com/ for example. Do not place large screenshots in the forum, use the links, or thumbnails instead. Please use the English language for screenshots, you can use /Lng=English command line parameter.

acre

#7 Post by acre » 08.01.2022, 22:34

Okay, thanks Dreamer. It's basically how I described it - very convoluted. Every forum I belong to lets you just upload the image without having to go through the external site. No matter. Hopefully, I did it right this time. Notice how the two yellow colors are very different and yet are set the same RGB numbers?