Thumbnails always being rebuilt every time same folder is accessed

Discussion and questions - donor version.
cadudesun

Thumbnails always being rebuilt every time same folder is accessed

#1 Post by cadudesun » 08.12.2021, 02:07

Hi. I'd appreciate your help.

I'm using FC Build 859 64-bit donor with Windows 11.

a) As shown in this screen-recording (https://tinyurl.com/y4p7jfso), within the same FC session, thumbnails are always rebuilt for already accessed folders.
When working with video files and navigating from-to folders, the process is very slow.
In the screen-recording, I also compared FC to Windows Explorer, which didn't present the same issue. After Windows Explorer has created thumbnails, there are no delays or rebuilding like in FC. The thumbnails are there always.

b) Then I changed Windows setting to show icons, never thumbnails.
As shown in this other recording (https://tinyurl.com/y3cqsyc8), even showing only the icons of VLC, FC is rebuilding them every time I navigate to the same folder.
It seems because just icons are shown, the rebuilt is faster than in (a) scenario above.

The situations reported in (a) and (b) have happened even with "Auto refresh" set OFF in "Settings>View>File/folder list".

Is there anything I could try to stop FC rebuilding thumbnail all the time?

Thank you!

danpeig

Re: Thumbnails always being rebuilt every time same folder is accessed

#2 Post by danpeig » 03.01.2022, 18:11

I noted the same behavior.
I can't say if it is rebuilding the thumbnail database or just refreshing the view but there is definitely some lag in folders with a lot of images or large files.

haukebasse

Re: Thumbnails always being rebuilt every time same folder is accessed

#3 Post by haukebasse » 16.01.2022, 18:20

I have noted the same many months ago; It is at least not a new problem. Thx for posting it so well - perhaps it will get solved now! :)