FreeCommander / FastCopy

Discussion and questions - donor version.
CarmeloLabadie

FreeCommander / FastCopy

#1 Post by CarmeloLabadie » 15.07.2021, 09:06

When moving/copying files, whether within the same drive or slave drive or to USB Portable drives, which is the better way to go FreeCommander or FastCopy ? I think they use different ways to do it and have faster abilities and or more or less errors. I also wanted to know about what setting is better for FreeCommander in the File/Folder Operations section of settings, you can tell it to "Use Windows" or "Use FreeCommander", what's better there ? Which is why I posted here instead of in General. Fast copy uses its own I believe making it faster, better, fewer errors etc, Not even sure I get the real difference between the 2 programs yet.

horst.epp

Re: FreeCommander / FastCopy

#2 Post by horst.epp » 18.07.2021, 10:26

You will not see any big difference using FastCopy or FC in a normal environment
but its no problem to combine them by creating buttons in FC
using the command line arguments of FastCopy.
For example my Copy button for the selected files with FastCopy
Program: C:\Tools\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe
Parameter: /auto_close /cmd=diff /balloon=FALSE /estimate /srcfile="%ActivSelAsFileUtf8%" /to="%InactivDir%"

You can also configure to use FastCopy as External program in FC for Copy, Move and Delete

I prefer TeraCopy which handles copyimg conflicts much easier.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
Everything Version 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.67
FreeCommander XE 2024 Build 905 64-bit donor

Ivy_Diaz

Re: FreeCommander / FastCopy

#3 Post by Ivy_Diaz » 04.01.2023, 13:13

horst.epp wrote: 18.07.2021, 10:26 You will not see any big difference using FastCopy or FC in a normal environment
but its no problem to combine them by creating buttons in FC
using the command line arguments of FastCopy.
For example my Copy button for the selected files with FastCopy
Program: C:\Tools\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe
Parameter: /auto_close /cmd=diff /balloon=FALSE /estimate /srcfile="%ActivSelAsFileUtf8%" /to="%InactivDir%"

You can also configure to use FastCopy as External program in FC for Copy, Move and Delete

I prefer TeraCopy which handles copyimg conflicts much easier.
Is really Teracopy to work with you without any conflicts with FC?
If it is OK, do you have any experience with (Goodsync , Syncback, Gs Richcopy ) with FC? I mean, no problems?