FC opens with an old Win10 username error?

Discussion, questions and support.
Clutch Cargo

FC opens with an old Win10 username error?

#1 Post by Clutch Cargo » 17.05.2021, 20:01

I have been using FreeCommander 2009.02b for years and I thank you for still having a forums to support it. But this just happened a few days ago that has my head scratching and maybe the moderators (or someone reading), can shed some light on this. Whenever I open FreeCommander now I get a warning window "Directory not found" and it is pointing to an old Windows username that I haven't used in years? It's C:\users\(username) \AppData\Roaming\etc. etc.

Using Windows10 File Explorer works without this opening error. I even installed your latest version of FreeCommander XE which also opens without this error. Is there maybe some cache that can be cleared or some file refresh? Or a corrupt file? Can a re-install save all my settings? I know your probable answer is just to use the latest version and forget about it. But I fear there is a greater issue that I need to explore in Windows plus I really prefer the old version for my needs.

Not a huge issue at all... not really a bug but I thought I would reach out for any suggestions.

Thanks for such a great app!

Clutch Cargo

Re: FC opens with an old Win10 username error?

#2 Post by Clutch Cargo » 18.05.2021, 19:37

Fixed issue by reinstalling app. I think it has something to do with the .ini file. All is well. :P