Nice features, but it's TERRIBLY slow and laggy

Bugs and issues.
mehmeh

Nice features, but it's TERRIBLY slow and laggy

#1 Post by mehmeh » 17.05.2021, 19:22

When I'm browsing my files in Thumbnail View I feel like I have travelled back to 1990. It reloads all icons every time and it takes 2 seconds for everything to load when I'm changing a folder.

Also what's with that smooth scroll? Why I cannot scroll instantly like in Google Chrome? I cannot find option to change it.

Even Settings take 1-2 seconds to load. Hell, even when I switch tabs in settings I see a flash of previous tab for a glimpse of second.
It all gives very bad visual experience, it feels like it was made by a bunch of IT students as their first project :cry:

I have tried suggestions from this forum to speed it up but nothing helps.

clkdiv

Re: Nice features, but it's TERRIBLY slow and laggy

#2 Post by clkdiv » 26.07.2021, 14:18

Same for me here. It is too slow to work with ease. Even a folder with 90 files takes a second. I have a 6 core 32 GB machine.

Hugo_W

#3 Post by Hugo_W » 26.07.2021, 17:44

Hi,
I have no problems with Thumbnail View. All directories (even very large ones) are open immediately and all documents are
immediately visible. It is definitely not up to the programmer! It is probably due to the 32-bit systems that are no longer up to date.

Hugo

Rich3wis

#4 Post by Rich3wis » 13.11.2021, 03:23

Hugo_W wrote: 26.07.2021, 17:44 Hi,
I have no problems with Thumbnail View. All directories (even very large ones) are open immediately and all documents are
immediately visible. It is definitely not up to the programmer! It is probably due to the 32-bit systems that are no longer up to date.

Hugo
Hugo,

It's been posted MANY times before by multiple people.
Scrolling through even just a couple of hundred files is horrendously laggy and my PC is fast. eg dragging the scollbar from top to bottom will take a couple of seconds.

Even using a completely new portable download trying to scroll a folder with a mix of folders and files is a slide show.
No other file manager I've tested has this issue. All scroll smoothly.

Something is fundamentally wrong.

It's a cracking file manager apart from the lag in scrolling.

Rich3wis

#5 Post by Rich3wis » 13.11.2021, 18:09

I've just tried the public beta (FreeCommander XE 2021 Build 857 32-bit public beta) and scrolling is now super smooth. :P

Copied my settings over to the beta version and still super smooth.

Great stuff.