Separate Folder Tree for each TAB

Suggestions and feature requests.
jcaiken

Separate Folder Tree for each TAB

#1 Post by jcaiken » 24.01.2010, 21:38

I use TABs to view separate project folders within a single network drive. The folder tree display is common for each network drive which means that for each TAB it shows the folder levels for all the TABs accessing that drive.
Could the folder tree for each TAB be made independent of the other TABs?

JohnFredC

Re: Separate Folder Tree for each TAB

#2 Post by JohnFredC » 05.02.2010, 17:04

Perhaps I misunderstood the request, but FC already sets tree visibility by individual tab. That is, some of my FC folder tabs show a tree, and some don't, according to my liking.

It is one the features all commanders should have (but many, including the market leader, don't), and I have made frequent use of it when employing FC.
Mouse-centric

jcaiken

Re: Separate Folder Tree for each TAB

#3 Post by jcaiken » 08.02.2010, 21:52

Sorry but I may not have been as clear as I should.

The project folders are sub-folders of the same network drive (on a Novell fileserver, if that makes any difference).
I create a 'locked' TAB for each project I am working on currently
If I expand a project folder in one TAB then that same folder is also shown expanded on the other project TABs accessing the same drive, suggesting that a common folder structure record is used for each drive.
I would like the option to have a folder only shown expanded in the TAB in which it was expanded, i.e. an independent display of the folder structure for each TAB.