Changing timestamp on several files adding a second on each

Discussion, questions and support.
MrNiceButDim

Re: Changing timestamp on several files adding a second on each

#16 Post by MrNiceButDim » 20.09.2017, 22:02

alf5000 wrote: 20.09.2017, 20:14 changing EXIF data is a different thing.

I always use this ugly, old but reliable and quick and free program - called Exifer.
http://www.tucows.com/adnload/281273_106644.html
Tested some more and I have two questions:

1. If I drop the files on the user interface they do get precessed but end up in another folder, two steps above the original folder. Is there some setting I have missed?

2. Some files do not get "selected". It's not fatal as the ones I want to manipulate does. Just wondering why.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#17 Post by Dreamer » 20.09.2017, 22:45

You can use also XnView to simply change EXIF date, select multiple images, in menu > Tools > select "Change timestamp...".

You can use Search to find more images from multiple folders, or use menu > View > "Show files in subfolders" (similar to "Plain view" in FC).

MrNiceButDim

#18 Post by MrNiceButDim » 20.09.2017, 23:33

Dreamer wrote: 20.09.2017, 22:45 You can use also XnView to simply change EXIF date, select multiple images, in menu > Tools > select "Change timestamp...".

You can use Search to find more images from multiple folders, or use menu > View > "Show files in subfolders" (similar to "Plain view" in FC).
I've just tried it and it seems that to change a Date taken tag it must have one in the first place. If no Date taken is there that option will be greyed out.

Another question: How do you empty the panel with you chosen pics? Delete seems rather violent if you just want to empty the panel.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#19 Post by Dreamer » 21.09.2017, 00:32

Another question: How do you empty the panel with you chosen pics? Delete seems rather violent if you just want to empty the panel.
Which panel do you mean? In XnView or in FreeCommander?

BTW In both programs you can use Help. If you need more help, please try to explain what exactly do you need.

MrNiceButDim

#20 Post by MrNiceButDim » 21.09.2017, 00:49

Dreamer wrote: 21.09.2017, 00:32
Which panel do you mean? In XnView or in FreeCommander?

BTW In both programs you can use Help. If you need more help, please try to explain what exactly do you need.
This panel: https://minfil.org/583033c6b4/XnViewPanel.jpg

I'm uploading over 2500 scans (jpeg) to Google Photo. GP has very limited options for sorting so to get the pics to be presented in the right order they should have a Date taken tag which jpeg-scans doesn't have.

Forez

#21 Post by Forez » 22.11.2017, 19:07

How about a situation like that:

I use the "Modified" in Mp3tag [%_file_mod_date%] as a date of an audio file. Sometimes I create another file from an old one- I cut out some part of the audio and store it in a new file, with a similar name. And so the problem I have is this: the new [part of] audio has a current date [of its file creation / conversion]. And I need it to have a date between the original and current- so that it would give me a clear situation; a date gives me a certain very important information

And so every time I have to check the date of the original file, load the new one to the FileDate Changer v1.1 [by NirSoft], manually enter a made up date [usualy I add one day to the original value] and then save it and check in Mp3tag or FC if I did not make some mistake [by comparing the date of original with the newly created and similarly named file]

Is there a way to quickly copy the time of modification from a file, add a day to it and paste it onto some other file? That would save a lot of time and clicks / keystrokes

Forez

#22 Post by Forez » 06.06.2023, 03:09

Forez wrote: 22.11.2017, 19:07 [...]
Is there a way to quickly copy the time of modification from a file, add a day to it and paste it onto some other file? That would save a lot of time and clicks / keystrokes
Is there?

Since then I moved from using BulkFileChanger and FileDate Changer to to using NewFileTime - but it also is is inconvenient for a daily usage

Free4all

#23 Post by Free4all » 29.06.2023, 14:23

Are you referring to this tool?

https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/NewFileTime

Can you remember why you switched from BulkFileChanger?

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bulk_file_changer.html

Personally, I think BulkFileChanger is excellent. I have yet to try NewFileTime.