Timestamp from existing item quick application

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Timestamp from existing item quick application

#1 Post by Forez » 15.04.2023, 19:11

[As never got an answer to the question from the last paragraph in this old post of mine https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&start=15 and currently do not see a way to do this in FreeCommander - here goes my proposition:]

Would it be possible for a user to select and item, execute by whatever means copy action on it and then after selecting whatever items user wishes and going to

File > Attributes/Timestamp...

to be able to apply the accessed and / or created and / or modified timestamp to those selected items by clicking a button or selecting some check-box - which timestamp(s) would be taken from that copied to clipboard item?

This would save a lot of time and clicking and also would reduce the number of user errors as choosing [thus entering] of new dates and times would not be entered more or less manually but would be provided automatically by a source file

And this could also be done even quicker by implementing a keyboard shortcut that would just paste all of the three possible timestamps taken from item copied to the clipboard of Windows. So a user would for example: select a folder, press CTRL+C, navigate to some other folder, select 8 files- press e.g. CTRL+SHIFT+V - and thus change dates and times of those 8 files without a need of opening for them of the Attributes/Timestamp feature window

Forez

Re: Timestamp from existing item quick application

#2 Post by Forez » 20.08.2023, 11:44

Such option of quick applying of timestamps should be made also available as a Command for the Splitter and Address Bar, thus be made accessible as an icon / button

Karol

#3 Post by Karol » 20.08.2023, 12:02

What about
- Implemented: New action added - Copy modified timestamp;Copies modified timestamp of the focused item to clipboard for using in Attributes/Timestamp dialog

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 20.08.2023, 20:16

Yes: it is now [since build 892] possible to select an item and to click an icon in order to get its timestamp

But no: it not possible to do a similar action for applying it to another item

It should work like this:

select >>> copy >>> select other >>> paste

[possibly also with keyboard shortcrust] without going to

File > Attributes/Timestamp...

Using that feature should be required only for some heavy duty changes and not something as trivial as e.g. making all audio files from a week long session od editing bear the same day [which I do on a regular basis as dates tell me a lot later on]