Inconsistent blocking behavior during deletion from opposite Panel

Discussion and questions - donor version.
Forez

Inconsistent blocking behavior during deletion from opposite Panel

#1 Post by Forez » 24.03.2023, 20:20

When a user is in e.g. Left Panel in folder

Code: Select all

C:\111\
and in folder

C:\111\222\
in the Right Panel, then deleting of folder >>111<< executed in Left Panel will be blocked with a pop-up window

But when a user is in Left Panel also in folder

but Right Panel is using for exploration of the content of

C:\111\333.7z
then deleting of file >>333.7z<< executed in Left Panel will not be blocked in any way and the Right Panel will just automatically navigate itself to

I am using FreeCommander XE 2023 Build 885 64-bit Donor Portable on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64

H.Seldon

Re: Inconsistent blocking behavior during deletion from opposite Panel

#2 Post by H.Seldon » 25.03.2023, 05:14

In the first instance, you are trying to delete the parent folder of the folder you are currently accessing.
Windows explorer behaves in exactly the same way, which is where the pop-up comes from in the first place.
The second instance, deleting a file, shouldn't impact the other panel in any way.
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

Forez

Re: Inconsistent blocking behavior during deletion from opposite Panel

#3 Post by Forez » 25.03.2023, 15:59

H.Seldon wrote: 25.03.2023, 05:14 [...]
The second instance, deleting a file, shouldn't impact the other panel in any way.
Shouldn't as in automatic navigation up is what I should be getting - or shouldn't as in such automatic navigation up should not occur and what I should be getting it also a pop-up blockade?

[Because even the author of the above questions had a problem to decipher them after some time had past - here they are presented once more in a more explanatory matter:]

You are saying "shouldn't" as in "this automatic navigation up from an archive is precisely what I should be experiencing" - or you are saying "shouldn't" as in "such automatic navigation up should not occur, because what I should be getting is also a similar blockade from with a pop-up message?"