Quick Filter set to left side of Right Panel reverts to right edge when this Panel becomes bottom one

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Quick Filter set to left side of Right Panel reverts to right edge when this Panel becomes bottom one

#1 Post by Forez » 11.08.2022, 23:18

Under the

Tools > Settings > Quick search/filter/starter > Quick search/Quick filter > Quick filter > Show in the right panel on the left

a user can choose to switch position of the Quick Filter feature from right to left edge of the Right Panel

However this does not hold up when user decides to split the view horizontally- i.e. put Left Panel on top of Right Panel. The position of both Quick Filters then is the right edge of the FreeCommander window

Technically this is correct- as Bottom Panel is not Right Panel, right? [Pun intended] But if someone for whatever reason wants to move the Quick Filter away form right edge, then sticking to the letter of this option's name is not right; right? And if this is fixed / taken into account then I see no reason why also the Top / Left Panel should not get the same reversible / mirror-switch-like treatment [by means of getting an upgrade: viewtopic.php?t=12946]

And also: if these corrections goes through, it would be more user-friendly for people running FC on widescreen monitors if position of both Quick Filters could also be chosen to be centered

I am using version 861 32-bit public on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64

Forez

Re: Quick Filter set to left side of Right Panel reverts to right edge when this Panel becomes bottom one

#2 Post by Forez » 12.01.2023, 10:11

Forez wrote: 11.08.2022, 23:18 [...]
And also
[...]
it would be more user-friendly for people running FC on widescreen monitors if position of both Quick Filters could also be chosen to be centered
[...]
I have posted this as a separate request: https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=40033