Make moving folders consistent with moving files

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Make moving folders consistent with moving files

#1 Post by Forez » 09.07.2022, 14:02

Whenever I move from Panel A to Panel B a file, it always ends up as a last item - thus to see it placed in a alphabetical order I then have to somehow refresh / reload that folder. But when I move a folder, it always is placed in its alphabetically ordered place from the get-go, thus not requiring an additional action from me. And also when I create a brand new folder it is always placed where it should end up in according to the rules of alphabet. This also applies to a newly created file. Windows Explorer however does no work that way- as it always places items at the end of a list in a given folder

So I propose adding an option for letting the user choose how newly crated and moved items should behave- however with files and folders having separate options

I myself for sure would like all of my moved and newly created folders to be added at the end of lists. And that is because I often create new sub-folder in a folder where there are 2000+ other sub-folders, which in turns forces me to navigate to that new folder in order to be able to create a shortcut from it in form of an LNK file - which shortcut then I move somewhere else. And all that is a one of many repetitive annoyances that steal tiny beats of my time every day

Forez

Re: Make moving folders consistent with moving files

#2 Post by Forez » 31.12.2022, 20:30

Forez wrote: 09.07.2022, 14:02 [...]
So I propose adding an option for letting the user choose how newly crated and moved items should behave- however with files and folders having separate options
[...]
Does't anyone see this as an improvement?