Margins for content of Panels in List View

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Margins for content of Panels in List View

#1 Post by Forez » 03.07.2022, 19:56

I would like to propose adding of margin for the content of Panels

#1] Currently, depending on icons used by a user, when operating in List View [CTRL + F1] some items' left edges are simply "stuck" at right edge of either left edge of FreeCommander or right edge of the Splitter

#2] The upper most icons [the ones with >> .. << indication] are glued to the bottom of an Address Bar

#3] If there are many items with long enough names in a Panel, then its right-most items obscure latter parts of names. And no: the option available at

Tools > Settings > View > General > Main Splitter

Width in pixels does not govern this and only helps a little in case of the Left Panel

And just look at various other elements: if I am not mistaken, every one has some sort of margin - but not those described above

And do I propose adding a 2-3 pixels wide margin. Or if possible: an option for user to precisely define those inner / internal margins of both Panels; preferably separate for the Active and Inactive one [as to further help in distinguishing them if needed]. Or at least an option to choose from fixed sizes; like for example: none [like now], small [i.e. 1 pixel], medium [2 pixels] and large [3 or 4 pixels]

Forez

Re: Margins for content of Panels in List View

#2 Post by Forez » 02.01.2023, 15:28

So how about such margins?

Wouldn't users benefit from having the content of Panels moved apart by 2-4 pixels from vertical edges of the overall FC window and of the Splitter?