Moving favorite toolbar items could be more userfriendly

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Moving favorite toolbar items could be more userfriendly

#1 Post by Forez » 30.06.2022, 00:05

#1]

In the Define favorite toolbar pop-up window that allows users for setting up of individual Toolbars there is this [unnamed] vertical sub-window than allows adding, renaming, removing etc. of items. And at its bottom there is this info saying

Drag & drop for moving to another toolbar

Unfortunately this works only for single items. Because if I grab and move an item that has sub-items [i.e. a drop-down menu] the pointer turns into an icon of crossed circle and the dropping into some other Toolbar [as indicated by this pictogram] yields no effect. And this just plain wrong, because this feature does not work when it is needed the most- in a situation when a user has e.g. some drop-down menu consisting of 20 different and complex items [all with individual icons and stuff] and thus is forced to re-write / move them by hand

#2]
If the user is allowed to drag & drop single items between different Toolbars - then why it is impossible to move them as such within a given Toolbar? Users are forced to use the up and down buttons showing an according arrow. And to add insult to injury, such arrows are not present for window hosting list of Toolbars, because they can be move around within it by dragging

#3]
User can Duplicate within a given Toolbar [with than option being available under the >>+<< icon] - but is not allowed to Duplicate already existing Toolbars

I myself have a modus operandi in which I have the same set of shortcuts for each Panel - and each one has its version of Parameters set to open on the left or right. They bare the same icons and I remember how tedious it was to set this up in the first place

#4]
As I already mentioned, that vertical sub-window with items has no name. This does not help when trying to describe some issue / feature

#5]
Also the window sitting above that previous [that shows the list of created Toolbars] has no name
Last edited by Forez on 09.04.2023, 15:15, edited 2 times in total.

Forez

Re: Moving favorite toolbar items could be more userfriendly

#2 Post by Forez » 30.06.2022, 01:36

Forez wrote: 30.06.2022, 00:05 #1]
[...]
[...]
does not work when it is needed the most- in a situation when a user has e.g. some drop-down menu consisting of 20 different and complex items [all with individual icons and stuff] and thus is forced to re-write / move them by hand
[...]
Later on I tried a logical approach of grabbing an individual sub-item and successfully performed drag & drop operation of it to another Toolbar; and then of moving the rest of sub-entries on a one-by-one basis

However with such / current inner-workings it is illogical to expect a user to try out this approach when the info says

and not more precisely

Drag & drop for moving one item to another toolbar

or

Drag & drop for moving to another toolbar of a single entry

[or however else it could be specified / worded]

Forez

Re: Moving favorite toolbar items could be more userfriendly

#3 Post by Forez » 22.04.2023, 00:43

So this miss-informative info
Forez wrote: 30.06.2022, 00:05 [...]
[...]
have been changed to

Drag&drop one item for moving to another toolbar

But all of the other issues raised in my initial post unfortunately remain unresolved to this day