Copy path - add "\" character to the end

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Copy path - add "\" character to the end

#1 Post by Dreamer » 16.07.2008, 23:50

Copy path is very useful feature, but when using it to add a path to explorer dialog, the "\" character is missing and I have to add it manually each time. It's quite annoying.

Could you add the "\" character to the end always when using the address bar copy button, menu item, copy path keyboard shortcut(s) please?

Perhaps it would be clearer on the screenshot:

I have even the mouse shortcut to paste and enter, so I could just click at the start of the file name and use this shortcut, but I can't use it because of missing "\"char. at the end.

Papakid

#2 Post by Papakid » 17.07.2008, 17:16

I make the same request only slightly different. And more simple I think.

Why not allow copying of full path of files to the clipboard? If I am not mistaken, at present one can only copy folders.

I've been using Ninotech Path Copy for quite some time now that has no problem copying full path of files. If FC could do the same it would save me a few steps and be a bit more convenient than Ninotech, but for now I'll keep using it to copy full paths of files, FC when I want to copy folder paths. I want to copy file paths much more often tho.

James

#3 Post by James » 17.07.2008, 17:40

Papakid wrote:I make the same request only slightly different. And more simple I think.

Why not allow copying of full path of files to the clipboard? If I am not mistaken, at present one can only copy folders.

I've been using Ninotech Path Copy for quite some time now that has no problem copying full path of files. If FC could do the same it would save me a few steps and be a bit more convenient than Ninotech, but for now I'll keep using it to copy full paths of files, FC when I want to copy folder paths. I want to copy file paths much more often tho.

Default shortkey: Alt+Ins

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 18.07.2008, 00:25

Or menu > Edit > Copy full name as text.

I know, it's probably not correct, it should be "Copy full path and name as text".

So my request is different, just include the "\" symbol when using "copy path" button/shortcut. I need it when I want to save a different file to path I have in FC, so I don't need to find the path manually in explorer save dialog.

baijianpeng

#5 Post by baijianpeng » 11.10.2008, 00:35

James wrote: Default shortkey: Alt+Ins
Dreamer wrote: Or menu > Edit > Copy full name as text.
That's great! I am also looking for this feature and now I got it.

But, don't you think these above mentioned method a little complicated?

If you add a new item on the right-click menu, things will be more easier.

I want it work this way: I right-click on the file, and choose "copy full path" from the pop-up menu, then I got what you got by above steps in my clipboard.

If you don't like a new item on the right-click menu, could you please make it as an option so you can disable it and I can enable it?

Thanks.
http://www.joomlagate.com

Chinese Joomla! Users Portal

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 12.10.2008, 23:18

Do you know about the keyboard shortcut?

BTW It's a bit OT, this topic is just about the missing last "\" character.