"First letter of each word uppercase" in Multi Rename needs adjustment

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

"First letter of each word uppercase" in Multi Rename needs adjustment

#1 Post by Forez » 05.05.2022, 22:53

In the window for the Multi Rename feature [available with CTRL + M] there is this "Case" option in the "Pattern" section of it. It has 11 options to choose from. Two of them are:

First letter of each word uppercase
First letter of each word uppercase, extension lowercase

I think that these descriptions and behaviors should be changed to

First letter of each word uppercase + extension sentence
First letter of each word uppercase + extension uppercase
First letter of each word uppercase + extension lowercase

Or in order to not clutter the list, it should be changed to

thus leaving the extension completely out of the equation. This could also be achieved by leaving on list those two options from the top, but expanding the list with a new option of

Name sentence

which would be an addition to the currently existing

Name lowercase
Name uppercase

I have been using PCs from the times of MS-DOS, through Norton Commander and Windows 3.1 to Windows 10; with multiple pieces of various software. And I do note recall seeing extensions of file formats being written as sentence - i.e. with first letter being in uppercase and the following ones in lowercase. Thus the current assumption of FreeCommander, that the user has to specify when wanting to see extension written all in lowercase is odd. I mean: who uses a capital letter for the beginning of the extensions? All kinds of modern software use lowercase for all letters of created files, while in older times it was [always?] uppercase for all of the letters

All in all what I want is to be able to change names of my files in according to the sentence rule [i.e. with every first letter being a capital one] and to change my extensions to lowercase or leave them as they are [because 99.9% of the time they already are in lowercase] - and to have the time saving luxury of stopping paying attention to whether the extension will become all lower / uppercase or with first letter written with a capital