Special file list background colors

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Special file list background colors

#1 Post by Dreamer » 02.12.2021, 20:09

These color for quick filter, plain view and selected only modes are ignored in inactive panel, if different color for inactive panel is used.

I think it's quite confusing, I suggest to always use the special colors for these modes also for inactive panel. There are other indicators for active panel and those are quite enough.

Anyway, perhaps the custom colors for the special colors, for inactive panel could be added too, so it would be clearer, which panel is active, also if those special modes are used.

Forez

Re: Special file list background colors

#2 Post by Forez » 10.01.2022, 19:10

What colors / settings do you speak of?

If I am not mistaken, the user can set color for e.g. Plain View - but it just one option, for both Active and Inactive Panel. [And thus I would like to have an option to set them apart. After all I can differentiate between Active and Inactive Panel when they are working in normal mode - so why not keep that when using special viewing modes?]

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Special file list background colors

#3 Post by Dreamer » 10.01.2022, 21:37

Dreamer wrote: 02.12.2021, 20:09I think it's quite confusing, I suggest to always use the special colors for these modes also for inactive panel. There are other indicators for active panel and those are quite enough.
This part was implemented/changed already (special color was not used in inactive panel before).

Second part of the suggestion is just about making 2 different colors for active and inactive mode, for plain view, quick filter and selected only backgrounds.