811 - Toolbar toggle icons do not get shaded if dropdown added

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Free4all

811 - Toolbar toggle icons do not get shaded if dropdown added

#1 Post by Free4all » 20.01.2020, 11:25

FCXE 811 64-bit Donor

When a toggling icon is displayed on a toolbar, and a dropdown menu is added to it, the shading that indicated that the toggled button is enabled disappears.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Add a toggling toolbar button like the one to toggle show/hiding hidden and system files.
2. Try pressing that new button and notice how it gets shaded when enabled.
3. Add a dropdown to that button, and create at least one menuitem for that dropdown (ex. Modify timestamps/attributes).
4. Try pressing that same button and notice how it no longer gets shaded when enabled.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: 811 - Toolbar toggle icons do not get shaded if dropdown added

#2 Post by Marek » 20.01.2020, 21:24

Unfortunately the UI components that I use do not allow me to do this correctly.
For this reason, there is an option "Show drop down arrow only" when defining button details (the option was broken and is fixed in 812). This option allows you to define a button in the form of an arrow pointing downwards.
If you start the Release 812 with default options, you can see an arrow for thumbnail popup menu.

Free4all

#3 Post by Free4all » 21.01.2020, 10:40

Marek wrote: 20.01.2020, 21:24 Unfortunately the UI components that I use do not allow me to do this correctly.
For this reason, there is an option "Show drop down arrow only" when defining button details (the option was broken and is fixed in 812). This option allows you to define a button in the form of an arrow pointing downwards.
If you start the Release 812 with default options, you can see an arrow for thumbnail popup menu.
Thanks Marek. I'll check it out.

I was struggling to get the "Show drop down arrow only" option to work on 810 and 811... I didn't realize it was broken and I thought I just wasn't understanding something. So I'm glad to hear it was broken and is now fixed.

Free4all

#4 Post by Free4all » 23.01.2020, 04:45

Marek wrote: 20.01.2020, 21:24 Unfortunately the UI components that I use do not allow me to do this correctly.
I gave 812 a try, and the "Show drop down arrow only" option now stays checked, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Does it work for you? Do you have a few steps I can follow that show it working?

I did come across across a couple other issues when testing it. I added an Action Toolbar button to change the case of the selected item, but the "double dot" menu does not appear for it within the toolbar customizer until you close the customizer and then re-open it. Also, once on the action toolbar, the change case icon is always dimmed, no matter what is selected. If you would prefer separate posts for those issues, just let me know.