Tiny problem resizing dual panels (Active panel can be set to 25% or 50% or 75% of the size of the window)

Bugs and issues.
JDN

Tiny problem resizing dual panels (Active panel can be set to 25% or 50% or 75% of the size of the window)

#1 Post by JDN » 14.09.2019, 20:59

This is a very tiny problem but I think we all want FC to be perfect.

The "Customize action toolbars" (View) menu shows three icons that resize the two panels (25%, 50% or 75%) and each has a vertical dashed line positioned either 25%, 50% or 75% of the way from the left border.
The icons produced for 2 of the 3 following actions appear to be incorrect. The icons are supposed to show a vertical dashed line positioned either 25%, 50% or 75% of the way from the left screen border.
But that is different than the icons actually placed on the actions toolbar. The one that sets the active panel to 25% is correct. But the one that sets it to 75% is blank and the one that sets it to 50% shows the icon that should appear for the 75%.
If you place all three of these icons on some actions toolbar, you will see the problem immediately. I think you may want to check the tool tips as well.

The three actions are:
Tools->Customize action toolbars->View Set active panel to 25%
Tools->Customize action toolbars->View Set active panel to 50%
Tools->Customize action toolbars->View Set active panel to 75%

P.S. I have been making notes of small errors and/or bugs in the help file as well as the menus used by FC and I have a very long list now. I was going to send you an email. But I think it may be better to maintain a running commentary in one thread here.
I propose to just add new posts to this one thread in order to keep the forum simple and you can review my suggestions if and when you like. You can either post a note letting me know which changes you accepted or I can just check them all periodically (but that will grow tedious after a while).
Please consider this if you can and let me know. Thank you.

JDN

Re: Tiny problem resizing dual panels (Active panel can be set to 25% or 50% or 75% of the size of the window)

#2 Post by JDN » 14.09.2019, 21:04

P.S. I'm sorry but I don't understand the difference between posting in the "Donor" forum or the "Public" forum.

I would guess the above post applies to both versions. But I saw a forum for bugs below that was "Locked" and I got a little frazzled and may have posted this to the wrong forum. Please advise?

P.S. Howdy Marek! Fabulous product you have created Marek. Very best file commander in the entire world!!! Applause to you Marek!

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Tiny problem resizing dual panels (Active panel can be set to 25% or 50% or 75% of the size of the window)

#3 Post by Marek » 16.09.2019, 22:06

If some problem applies to both versions (public and donor) than it is better to use "FreeCommander XE - public: Bug reports " forum.
"Locked" are archive forums for old, not supported version.
If you place all three of these icons on some actions toolbar, you will see the problem immediately. I think you may want to check the tool tips as well.
Unfortunatelly I do not see any problem. For me the icons, tooltips and functions are OK.
Could you make some screenshots? You can send the screenshots by e-mail directly to me.

JDN

#4 Post by JDN » 17.09.2019, 22:40

I'm very sorry Marek. I downloaded a fresh copy of the XE version and installed those three icons onto my address bar actions toolbar and they worked fine.

My only guess why they did not work before was that I had installed and removed a great many different icons before and perhaps something got corrupted.

But the truth is that I have no idea why the problem would not recur when I tried to install them on the latest version (Installation 790a).

I am very sorry for any inconvenience I caused you.