Make Favorites Toolbar function as dock

Suggestions and feature requests.
Hector_A

Make Favorites Toolbar function as dock

#1 Post by Hector_A » 31.07.2019, 01:51

Hello everybody:

I've been using FCXE for a long time with great success. Always keep finding new ways of doing things with increasing efficiency. Following the initial suggestion in the Help File, I have FCXE always running and use it just like a desk environment and only occasionaly resort to use Windows taskbar.

One of the great things I have is a favorites toolbar alongside the regular one. I would like the icons in this toolbar to operate dock-like. That is that the icons could show an indicator if the corresponding program is open and minimized or running in the background. Clicking on such icon should restore that program if minimized or bring it to the front to continue working with it.

Presently, the toolbar icons, if pressed when a program is running, will just launch a second instance of that same program. This is generally not desirable.

The proposed improvement will enhance productivity and make FCXE to behave even more like a replacement interface.

An additional question: Does it exist (or can be implemented) a function or dialog box to be able to shutdown/reboot the OS? That would be the cherry on top of the cake!

Cheers

Hector_A

Karol

Re: Make Favorites Toolbar function as dock

#2 Post by Karol » 31.07.2019, 07:49

An additional question: Does it exist (or can be implemented) a function or dialog box to be able to shutdown/reboot the OS? That would be the cherry on top of the cake!
What about shutdown command?