Romanian Language is translated extremely badly

Bugs and issues.
SharpeNofficial

Romanian Language is translated extremely badly

#1 Post by SharpeNofficial » 15.05.2019, 19:55

I am a native Romanian speaker. Although I know English, I wanted to use FreeCommander in Romanian. That's when I found how BADLY it could of had been translated. It is based on old rules that don't apply anymore and many words that are not normal. It seems that the translations are made by a 90-year old that forgot how to read.
Examples:
Using the letter Î in the middle of the sentence is not accepted anymore.
The word "zîvorît" not only that doesn't make sense, but also is written wrong.
..and many more

There are so many mistakes, that I think the entire translations need to be redone. I offer myself to translate, but of course any native speaker will do. Thank you.

Timon

Re: Romanian Language is translated extremely badly

#2 Post by Timon » 16.05.2019, 06:48

As I see in FC XE 798 donor version there is Romanian translation that was last updated at January 18, 2018 (about a year and a half ago).

You can contact the author of Romanian translation by email: muntealb(at)gmail.com and find out if he is still interested in translation or will no longer support it.

I'm sure if you completely redo Romanian translation, Marek, the author of FC XE, will appreciate your efforts.

And, if you are not a donor, please request the latest English language file from the author at: info(at)freecommander.com because such an outdated Romanian translation should not only be fixed, but also supplemented with new language strings ( as far as I can see, it is necessary to include all changes from https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtop ... =90#p27095 )

afh

Re: Romanian Language is translated extremely badly

#3 Post by afh » 16.05.2019, 09:59

SharpeNofficial wrote: 15.05.2019, 19:55 Examples:
Using the letter Î in the middle of the sentence is not accepted anymore.
The word "zîvorît" not only that doesn't make sense, but also is written wrong.
I don't use RO language in FC, but I can confirm that SharpeNofficial is right.
It should be"zăvorât", but the term is out-dated.